Best tower for smallish room - ceramica or essenza?

uncola

Best tower for smallish room - ceramica or essenza?
« on: 27 May 2020, 01:55 pm »
Hi Rick just wondering what the main differences are between these designs?  I want to replace my home theatre setup with a more 2 channel worthy speaker set.. currently using kef q900 and a big subwoofer.. it's good enough for home theatre but doesn't match my desk setup speakers for music quality.. dennis murphy New Philharmonitors with raal tweeter and 5.5" scanspeak revelator midwoofer.. I really love the sound of these.  the kef q900 are dual 8" midwoofer but I realized they're slightly big for the room I have them in so I was looking to go down in size slightly..  the ceramica look perfect plus I love the raal sound.. never heard a beryllium dome

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Best tower for smallish room - ceramica or essenza?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2020, 05:30 pm »
Hi Rick just wondering what the main differences are between these designs?  I want to replace my home theatre setup with a more 2 channel worthy speaker set.. currently using kef q900 and a big subwoofer.. it's good enough for home theatre but doesn't match my desk setup speakers for music quality.. dennis murphy New Philharmonitors with raal tweeter and 5.5" scanspeak revelator midwoofer.. I really love the sound of these.  the kef q900 are dual 8" midwoofer but I realized they're slightly big for the room I have them in so I was looking to go down in size slightly..  the ceramica look perfect plus I love the raal sound.. never heard a beryllium dome

Tonally the two are very similar but the Ceramica has a little better detail.  The beryllium is pretty close to the RAAL but with a slightly softer presentation due to the ribbon having wider top octave dispersion. The Ceramica does have a more compact footprint if floor space is a priority.