New EarBudz

Antman27

New EarBudz
« on: 26 Jul 2007, 07:55 pm »
Hello all
I am looking for a better pair of ear buds for the wife's ipod .As you know the stock ones are crap and fall out of your ear when ya turn your head and sound like a tin can
I picked her up  a pair of cheep philips she2650 and they are not much better than stock.
I have Ultimate Ears super.fi 5EB and love them but she dont need anything that good
Can anyone suggest  any buds that are comfortable and stay in you ear and sound OK On the cheep
say $25-$40 ?
Thanks

tomjtx

Re: New EarBudz
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2007, 06:12 pm »
A bit above your price is the yuin PK2 69.00
I just got them for my son and they are amazing. They compare well to my etys 4s which are close to 300.00

lcrim

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2007, 06:40 pm »
Crossroads MylarOne X3 $57 delivered are probably better than your expensive etymotics.

SwedeSound

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2007, 07:02 pm »
I got my wife some Sennheiser CX300's to replace her stock ibuds and she LOVES them. Very nice sound, decent bass with a good seal, and quite comfortable. They are also very durable. Listens to them on the subway every day on her commute to and from the city. She likes how much they block out the surrounding noise. I've seen them online for around $35. Good luck.

tomjtx

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2007, 06:41 pm »
Crossroads MylarOne X3 $57 delivered are probably better than your expensive etymotics.

Wrong again Icrim , as well as being rude.

I've heard the x3's and they don't even come close.

To the OP ,  I forgot to mention the Yuin PK3 , which many people on head fi think come close to the PK2.

Unlike some others, I won't speculate on something I haven't heard, but a ton of the head fi folk rave about the PK3
They are 35.00 and less now with a group buy at head fi.

I refered to the Etys as a reference, because many people at head fi consider them to be one of the best cans out there.

Of course, it is always personal preference.

I currently have the etys and
AKG K701
Yuin PK1 and PK2

And I've auditioned the Senn 650's (which I will get when I have the money :-)  I don't think they are better than the K701, just a different slant.

The Yuins are to my ear closer to the Senns : warm and engaging with robust but accurate bass.

You can get more detailed info on head fi.

good luck on your purchase!

hanguy

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2007, 04:40 am »
A bit above your price is the yuin PK2 69.00
I just got them for my son and they are amazing. They compare well to my etys 4s which are close to 300.00

I second the PK2. I got a pair for my ipod. It sounds so good that it replaced my Grado SR80 as my office headphone. Using it with the AudioDIYLab DAC301 built in headphone amp has a lot more dynamics than from the ipod.

Mike

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2007, 07:04 am »
To the OP ,  I forgot to mention the Yuin PK3 , which many people on head fi think come close to the PK2.

I just checked head fi and one person even prefers the PK3 to the PK2.
There are substantial differences in electrical characteristics between the three Yuin models according to a Yuin rep:

http://tinyurl.com/2ynmr6