What am I seeing here

Rooferben

What am I seeing here
« on: 26 Feb 2019, 12:49 am »
New here so hello to all.
I have a chance to buy these from a guy that I have known for a short time. The problem is I have never seen these type of speakers installed in this model. The gentleman that had them had very high end gear so I ASSUME  he had the speakers changed . What do you all think of this.

Rooferben

Re: What am I seeing here
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2019, 01:16 am »

Stimpy

« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2019, 03:14 pm »
The subs look like the Smaller and the upright Larger.  But, I do not recognize the substitute woofers?  Nothing on Parts Express or Madisound seem to match.   I'm not sure I'd spend too much, without knowing what brand of drivers were used?  So, you'll have to give them a listen, to see if they're worthy?

Good luck, and Welcome!   :D

Rooferben

« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2019, 01:26 am »
I believe I’m going to ask him if I could remove the speakers to check the manufacturer for they are not correct. I’ll post my findings and thanks for your response

ZAKski288

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2019, 05:59 am »
 They are definitely not the original woofers, but there probably replacement subwoofers from Parts Express. they look like the Ultra Mega woofers to me.

Mega woofers

12” woofer.  Part #295-185 Dual voice coil

15” woofer   Part #295-190 Dual voice coil

Ultra Mega woofers

12" woofer.  Part # RSS315HF-4  Aluminum cone

15" woofer.  Part # RSS390HF-4  Aluminum cone

Plus there are a few other models that should work, you can read threw the link.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=113470.20

Good luck Zak

Rooferben

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2019, 10:52 pm »
Zak
I hope you are correct. If they are the Ultra Mega is that a better than stock option?

Rooferben

« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2019, 09:40 pm »
It looks like i will be getting these both as a pair. Meaning 2 Larges and 2 of the smalls. They are in extremely good condition and have been upgraded to the ultramegawoofers. I was told the gentleman had them stacked, a small on top of a large. How would you think he have had them wired. The gentleman has passed and I wasn’t fortunate enough to meet him before.

Rooferben

« Reply #7 on: 9 Mar 2019, 09:58 pm »
A shot of the backs.