Adapt series specials results

carusoracer

« on: 29 Mar 2006, 02:21 pm »
Hello All,
So what where some of the results and experiences etc with those of us that snapped up the 2nds from Nathan :?:

cbj

« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2006, 06:24 pm »
I haven't got around to installing them yet, unfortunately.  I was planning to put them up last weekend, but I was too wiped out from a marathon.  I could probably put them up in an evening, but I want to take my time and do some before and after measurements with RoomEQ which means it will probably not happen until this next weekend.

mcrespo71

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2006, 06:31 pm »
I'm still waiting for mine, but will report out when I get them.

maxwalrath

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2006, 11:04 pm »
mine should be shipping this week

hanguy

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2006, 04:21 am »
I received my set the end of last week but did not have a chance to install them until last night. I have replaced the four corner response triangles with the adapt triangles.

Even without playing music, I can hear the room is quieter. The first thing I noticed is, when playing music, the perceived volume is higher with the adapt. That is I feel the same loudness with a lower volume setting. The difference between the two treatment is quite immediate. The adapt brings out the weaker notes so much better. The imaging and soundstaging improved significantly. The instruments are located in space much more solidly.

So far I am very pleased with the triangles. Can't wait to install the rectangles and see what they do.

Mike

cbj

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2006, 02:14 pm »
I just posted my review over in the cirtic's circle at http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=27289

carusoracer

Adapt Series Triangles
« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2006, 01:35 pm »
See my personal review followup in the Critic's Circle.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=27289 additional post
Great Product 8)

hanguy

« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2006, 08:12 pm »
Finally have the chance to install the rectangles. I have only purchased a set of four adapt rectangles to replace the horizontal seams in my room. Based on the advice from Nathan, I installed 2 rectangles in the front of the room, between the front wall and the ceiling, and one rectangle on the left and right side of the room. I retained the seam at the back of the room. I could not install any rectangles at the verticle intersections of the front, left, right and back walls due to the existance of various furniture and a door.

Four adapt triangles were installed first as previously stated. The rectangles brought a similar kind of improvement, only magnified. Details of music become more apparent, you don't have to find them, they are all there in front of you. There is a new level of coherence and togetherness that wasn't there before. Instead of the vocal being louder than the instrument so all you hear is the vocal, all other part of the music is catching up now and all of them is right in front of you at the same time.

The rectangles have a large effect on bass - the drums, and bass strings are more powerful and with a lot less overhang. The overall presentation is more dynamic.

Lastly, this improvement works equally as well on home theater. A whole new level of experience of being there in the movie. Overhead thunders, sirens, and explosions are emerging from space, instead of the proximity of the speakers.

All in all, the improvement brought by the adapt treatment is much better than the same money spent on equipment upgrade. I would highly recommend anyone who is thinking of upgrading their equipment to get the adapt treatment first.

Only if I can fit 4 more rectangles at the vertical corners, may be I can convince my wife to move the furniture around......

:lol:

Mike

Hantra

« Reply #8 on: 26 Apr 2006, 09:02 pm »
You all are in for a real treat.  I listened to one of my all time favorite discs last night for the first time since I got my Adapt.  I swear in track 2 from The Final Cut by Pink Floyd, I have never, EVER in my entire life, even with headphones, heard those kids playing and yelling in the background.  

Last night, I completely freaked out when I heard this.  It was so blatantly obvious, and I have no idea how I missed it all these years.

The Adapt is the only change I've made to my system for almost a year, besides the Nixon USB DAC.  

Amazing.

HChi

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jun 2006, 03:35 pm »
I have four Adept2 Triangle installed at the corner for about a week now.  I originally installed them without the rubber stand-off. The difference was there, but minute.  After a couple emails with Nathan, I took them down and put the stand-off on at the standard recommended positions.  This time the effective could be heard more prominently.   The most apparent difference is the reduce of ambience noise level.  Because of this, I believe the minute details has been contrasted out and allow various other users to report hearing extra information from the CDs.   I also experience hearing some minutes details that I never heard from my collection.  Being a frequent late night listener,  this is a good room acoustic treatment that could raise the system resolution, especially to facilitate low(er) level listening at night.  I would highly recommend to give it a try!