PSVane ACME 2a3 Tube rolling?

onehotchili

PSVane ACME 2a3 Tube rolling?
« on: 6 Dec 2020, 07:24 am »
Just seeing if anyone have been  listening to these?  I am looking for some current production 2a3s to play with...  :thumb:

sebrof

Re: PSVane ACME 2a3 Tube rolling?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2020, 05:40 pm »
Sorry can't help with the PSVanes, but the JJ 2A3-40 tubes may be worth a try. I've tried a few including Shuguang 2A3C, Sovtek, Sophia Mesh plates (actually perf plates) and the JJs are tops in my system

onehotchili

« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2020, 09:42 pm »
Sorry can't help with the PSVanes, but the JJ 2A3-40 tubes may be worth a try. I've tried a few including Shuguang 2A3C, Sovtek, Sophia Mesh plates (actually perf plates) and the JJs are tops in my system

Yeah, I have tried all the ones you have except the JJs.  I was all set to treat myself to a new set of JJ's when I stumbled across the PSVanes and the ACME ones that look like they were released a couple of years ago.  I've always been intrigued with the "look" of Globe style tubes (maybe it was from some old Sound Practice pictures of 45 tube based amps)  :green:.  Anyhow, I guess I wanted to see if people had heard them and if they were worth the extra $$$.

sebrof

« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2020, 10:11 pm »
Yeah, I have tried all the ones you have except the JJs.  I was all set to treat myself to a new set of JJ's when I stumbled across the PSVanes and the ACME ones that look like they were released a couple of years ago.  I've always been intrigued with the "look" of Globe style tubes (maybe it was from some old Sound Practice pictures of 45 tube based amps)  :green:.  Anyhow, I guess I wanted to see if people had heard them and if they were worth the extra $$$.
I have an old pair of JJ 2A3s that I replaced with a new pair about a year ago. They probably have plenty of life left, if you want to try them let me know and I’ll pop them in my amp to make sure they don’t sound spent. If they sound fine I can send to you, let you try and if you like you can buy a new pair (I’d rather keep these as backup vs. selling). Just let me know.

onehotchili

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2020, 05:12 am »
I have an old pair of JJ 2A3s that I replaced with a new pair about a year ago. They probably have plenty of life left, if you want to try them let me know and I’ll pop them in my amp to make sure they don’t sound spent. If they sound fine I can send to you, let you try and if you like you can buy a new pair (I’d rather keep these as backup vs. selling). Just let me know.

Thank you so much for the generous offer... but I think I am going to just take the plunge in some JJs when eurotubes gets them back in stock.  With my daughters home from college for the next couple months, the ol’ hifi stereo is getting a good workout these days.  I’ll get some $$$$ PSVanes when they go back to school later this winter.  In the meantime, some Sovteks work for their random music that they are introducing me too 😀

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2020, 05:41 am »
Anything good in the music they are having you listen to?  I’m always on the lookout for new and interesting music.

onehotchili

« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2020, 06:21 am »
They’ve been streaming some pretty good singer songwriter stuff like Bright Eyes type stuff, but not him... and then randomly into some profanity laced hip hop stuff, which actually is pretty good😆.  Quantic was one musical that enjoyed while sipping a nice Napa Cab tonight! I was definitely not psyched to hear that one of their new boyfriend’s is NOT into music and would listen to one song looped for hours while he studied for exams.  It makes me question sending her to an elite private college  :duh: