OPPO BDP-83SE NuForce Edition !!!

tomcrown1

Re: OPPO BDP-83SE NuForce Edition !!!
« Reply #60 on: 30 Nov 2009, 01:40 am »
I have a question.  I,am in the que to upgrade by Oppo Se edition.  I live near your office so can I hand deliver the unit once I get the okay to upgrade? :o

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #61 on: 30 Nov 2009, 01:46 am »
Nuforce is a very reputable company and only now do they get nagged about what they are doing to a cdp to make it better.
Sounds like the competiton is sending out there squirrels. Reading these posts I come across a guy who is a fanatic about Modwright and is battering Nuforce. It also seems fishy to me that the guy is so technical. Like he can do the mods himself or something. The proof is in the listening and not on paper. By the way this same gentleman slams other modders. Nuforce is :thumb: in my book.

Paul,
What Modwright fan is slamming NuForce?    :scratch:  I am a longtime Modwright user/owner and know of few, if any, of Dan's customer base that would publicly slam NuForce.  Many of us own NuForce amps, etc.  It's one of the many things I like about the Modwright (and NuForce) community; they are professional.

antr

« Reply #62 on: 2 Dec 2009, 06:17 pm »
Hi, my first review from Sweden..
Oppo arrived yesterday on schedule, thanks Nuforce  :D
Hooked it up towards DVDO Edge and EPSON EM-TW2000 when it comes to video. Audio connection 7.1 analog against
Lexicon MV-5. Have sold me Krell KAV-3250 waiting for Nuforce MCH-300SEC7 so can at the moment only use LCR hooked up to Denon T3.
Anyway, setup was as easy as expected, however it was not possible to select source direct at the very first time via wizard. But after finish no problem selecting it in the setup menu. This is needed since my DVDO Edge is a little more flexible in settings.
Using default settings in most of the parameters shows a better picture on DVD.s than my standard player Yamaha S2700.
Will make calibration later on, to tune everything to best performence. Will as well make it region free to be able to use bluray dvd.s. Review later on.
When it comes to audio I can only review 2-channel CD at the moment and it performs even better to ESOUND Platinum Reference.  :P
So my expectations have been fulfilled and can't wait until my amp. arrives.
5.1 channel review coming up

//Anders

tomcrown1

« Reply #63 on: 14 Dec 2009, 07:40 pm »
Nuforce customer service stinks.  Do not buy anything from them as they do not reply to your inquires.  Oppo always respond no matter how trivial the question may be.  Nuforce on the other hand never respond.!!!

andriani

« Reply #64 on: 14 Dec 2009, 08:07 pm »
hello, i am french and i have received my oppo nuforce from my french nuforce dealer:
      1 i am very enthusiastic with this machine i think the  sound  is equal an linn unidisk 2.1 in stereo and sacd :P

2 the  video  is ok with free blue ray and dvd :P

BUT i have a problem with LFE channel (subwoofer) it can be activated ( no sound) :evil: . I have tested the different channels with the BLue ray AIX AUDIO, but the LFE ( subwoofer) does not work ( i have verified  connectics)
is it a problem with sound card or firmware ? We are two with the similar problem ( we bought it in  france )
thanks to help us NUFORCE JASON  :roll:

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #65 on: 15 Dec 2009, 01:04 am »
hello, i am french and i have received my oppo nuforce from my french nuforce dealer:
      1 i am very enthusiastic with this machine i think the  sound  is equal an linn unidisk 2.1 in stereo and sacd :P

BUT i have a problem with LFE channel (subwoofer) it can be activated ( no sound) :evil: . I have tested the different channels with the BLue ray AIX AUDIO, but the LFE ( subwoofer) does not work ( i have verified  connectics)
is it a problem with sound card or firmware ? We are two with the similar problem ( we bought it in  france )
Please contact support via 'support@nuforce.com'. 

sillysally

« Reply #66 on: 15 Dec 2009, 09:22 am »
Don't think your problem has anything to do with your BD-83NE, it has to do with how you have setup your NE and or your AV. This seems to be a question that many BD-83/Se/and now NE owners have asked about. Go to AVS forum, BD-83SE analog audio thread. I am sure you will find out why you are unable to get your LFE working.

ss

sillysally

« Reply #67 on: 15 Dec 2009, 09:26 am »
Sorry to read this. But I am sure you will get a reply now.

I have had nothing but great service from Nuforce.

ss

Nuforce customer service stinks.  Do not buy anything from them as they do not reply to your inquires.  Oppo always respond no matter how trivial the question may be.  Nuforce on the other hand never respond.!!!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #68 on: 15 Dec 2009, 11:37 am »
I have a question.  I,am in the que to upgrade by Oppo Se edition.  I live near your office so can I hand deliver the unit once I get the okay to upgrade?

We have no Nuforcce Edition for your upgrade at this time! There is a long queue ahead of the upgrade and we made it clear from day one that those new orders get higher priority.
We made it very clear to everyone who inquire about the upgrade to be patient. We explained in clearly that you have to WAIT. So if you keep trying to contact us to ask for upgrade, what do you expect us to do?  We have no answer for you.  We never intentionally ignore any customer.

We have been rushing to get about 100 OPPO Nuforce Edition out the door this week. The Nuforce Edition boards just came in last Friday. Our staff worked during the weekend and two of them are coming in this morning at 5 am!  On top of all the OPPO, this is a peak holiday season and we have record breaking sales for our consumer retail products.

Please be patient and you will have your turn. Judging from your posting, you are never going to buy a Nuforce product anyway. I am sorry this is how it turns out for you. Our conscient is clear  :)

By the way, you must be new to this forum.  This is NOT our support forum. We only visit this forum whenever we have time.  If you have emailed directsales@nuforce.com (or salesteam) for the upgrade, you will get a response for sure.

tomcrown1

« Reply #69 on: 15 Dec 2009, 07:35 pm »
I have a question.  I,am in the que to upgrade by Oppo Se edition.  I live near your office so can I hand deliver the unit once I get the okay to upgrade?

We have no Nuforcce Edition for your upgrade at this time! There is a long queue ahead of the upgrade and we made it clear from day one that those new orders get higher priority.
We made it very clear to everyone who inquire about the upgrade to be patient. We explained in clearly that you have to WAIT. So if you keep trying to contact us to ask for upgrade, what do you expect us to do?  We have no answer for you.  We never intentionally ignore any customer.

We have been rushing to get about 100 OPPO Nuforce Edition out the door this week. The Nuforce Edition boards just came in last Friday. Our staff worked during the weekend and two of them are coming in this morning at 5 am!  On top of all the OPPO, this is a peak holiday season and we have record breaking sales for our consumer retail products.

Please be patient and you will have your turn. Judging from your posting, you are never going to buy a Nuforce product anyway. I am sorry this is how it turns out for you. Our conscient is clear  :)

By the way, you must be new to this forum.  This is NOT our support forum. We only visit this forum whenever we have time.  If you have emailed directsales@nuforce.com (or salesteam) for the upgrade, you will get a response for sure.

Sorry for the angry post.  I was mad because I tried calling nuforce and got a recording every time I
called.  I have also written 2 E-Mail to customer support with no reply.  I was concerned that Nuforce would not offer the upgrade.  I got an E-Mail telling me that I could buy the nuforce se unit--I wanted the upgrade.  Your posting explained what happen thanks.  I will buy the Nuforce 7 channel amp my believe for you company is back. 

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #70 on: 16 Dec 2009, 03:59 pm »

It is only an incompatibility with the AIX test disc, will not affect normal movies. You can download the latest firmware from OPPO.
Please refer to support note:
http://www.nuforce.com/hi/support/oppo/bdp83ne-note.html

sac8d4

« Reply #71 on: 24 Dec 2009, 04:25 pm »

It is only an incompatibility with the AIX test disc, will not affect normal movies. You can download the latest firmware from OPPO.
Please refer to support note:
http://www.nuforce.com/hi/support/oppo/bdp83ne-note.html

Jason, I seem to be having this very problem I have tried to get any sound out of the LFE on blu ray discs through my AVP-17, I can't figure this out, it makes no sense what so ever. My Nuforce Edition is hooked up exactly the same way as my old BDP-83, when watching/listening to 5.1/7.1 material I am not getting anything out of the LFE, I have even compensated for dolby/dts with the 10 db increase to sub volume, my avp-17 is handling all bass management, any ideas? BTW, I running the recommended Oppo firmware available linked from your site

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #72 on: 25 Dec 2009, 10:22 pm »
Jason, I seem to be having this very problem I have tried to get any sound out of the LFE on blu ray discs through my AVP-17, I can't figure this out, it makes no sense what so ever. My Nuforce Edition is hooked up exactly the same way as my old BDP-83, when watching/listening to 5.1/7.1 material I am not getting anything out of the LFE, I have even compensated for dolby/dts with the 10 db increase to sub volume, my avp-17 is handling all bass management, any ideas? BTW, I running the recommended Oppo firmware available linked from your site

Some of the 1st batch (shipped in November) of OPPO Nuforce Edition has the LFE disabled by mistake, we have emailed every end users (who purchased directly) and also all distributors.  Please email directsales@nuforce.com and we will take care of it. If you're in the US, we'll pay for express shipping to have it fixed asap. If you're outside of US, we'll work with your distributor.

sac8d4

« Reply #73 on: 26 Dec 2009, 05:54 pm »
Jason,

Has this same issue been found on the batch that were shipped mid December? This is when I received mine...

Also, is Nuforce not recommending the use of the BETA firmware (for the nuforce edition) that Oppo recently released with the new features such as DLNA and BluTV?

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #74 on: 26 Dec 2009, 09:36 pm »
Jason,

Has this same issue been found on the batch that were shipped mid December? This is when I received mine...

Also, is Nuforce not recommending the use of the BETA firmware (for the nuforce edition) that Oppo recently released with the new features such as DLNA and BluTV?
As a policy, Oppo never recommends installing FW that's not officially released unless experiencing specific difficulties.  The latest FW being a Beta copy, so we follow their recommendation.

PeteG

« Reply #75 on: 27 Dec 2009, 02:37 am »
Thinking of picking up an Oppo BDP-83SE and later on having it upgraded, will you be offering the upgrade for a while?

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #76 on: 27 Dec 2009, 06:55 pm »
Hi,
We will be providing upgrade in 2010, and yes, we will continue doing this as long as the upgrade business remains viable.

westmd

« Reply #77 on: 16 Jan 2010, 11:40 am »
I am living in Germany and have a Lexicon MC-1.This one has no native 7.1 analog input but it can be upgraded for one which I am planning to do. I do not listen to music CD's, SACD's or DVD audio at all. Only use is for movies. I am confused now if the Nuforce Edition would be worth getting or if the BD83-SE would be sufficient? What is your opinion?

westmd

« Reply #79 on: 16 Jan 2010, 03:49 pm »
Thanks for the information! But I think the MC1 preamp is genuine!  :D
The question was more if there are any audible differences in 7.1 analog output between the 83 SE and the 83SE/NE as some people even claim that between the 83 and 83 SE is no difference to be heard.