ERT Supertweeter

HumanMedia

ERT Supertweeter
« on: 8 Jun 2007, 08:34 am »
Ive read a couple of small discussions on the ERT, but would love to know how many out there have experience with the ERT (as an add on to non-AV123 speakers)?

Do you like it? (or not)
Do you still use it?
Still worth it on high end speakers?
Anyone tweaked it to change the crossover point?
Any other comments? Hints, tips etc?

Philistine

Re: ERT Supertweeter
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jun 2007, 01:22 pm »
I tried it with a pair of B&W 803's, at the price point the ERT is a relatively inexpensive tweak.
It did 'add more air' to the top end, but ultimately it went back to AV123.  The 803 has a curved top and it's difficult to mount the ERT, also by the time the ERT arrived (AV123 had it back ordered) I had changed direction and bought a pair of Salk HT3's and with the G2 tweeter the ERT is redundant.  At the end of the day it wasn't in my system long enough to draw a conclusion if it was a keeper or not, initial impressions were favorable enough to keep going with it to see if I could live with it long term.
Based on AV123's return policy, and hassle free return policy, the risk is just the return shipping cost and I would recommend giving it a try.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun 2007, 02:25 pm »
I have a pair on top of my VSA V-R GEN III HSE speakers. I'm keeping them. I like what I hear. Very subtle. Won't knock your socks off. No more miracle products in audio that will knock your socks off.

Cheers
                                      Charlie

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2007, 06:53 am »
I have a pair of ERT's on my Odyssey Lorelei's and 1 on my Usher X-616 center channel. I absolutely love them,,, hands down.  :thumb: I find them to be a welcome addition to my Lorelei's as an enhancement of the audio range but certainly not a necessity. And the price was right when compared to the competition.

Robin