Introducing myself

drmoss_ca

Introducing myself
« on: 20 Sep 2023, 06:24 pm »
Hello all, and there's probably a few familiar faces out there that I've met elsewhere. But mostly in the hope of finding new thoughts, opinions I have joined up here.
I have always had a system, of sorts. Pretty basic when I was at school, and slowly improving along the way. I find myself prematurely retired from family medicine because of leukemia, and having had a bone marrow transplant I don't get out and about much in the age of Covid! So music gets more important to me all the time. Currently I have an Ayre C-5xe multi-disk player for CD, SACD and even DVD-A. There are two SME 10 turntables, but with six tonearms courtesy of Acoustand tonearm pods. One SME V, one SME IV, two SME M10s (ie a rebadged 309) and two RB330s. Cartridges in use are London Decca Reference, Grado Statement 3, Soundsmith Sussurro MkII ES, Ortofon Kontrapunkt C, Ortofon Cadenza Mono and Benz Micro LP-S. In the cupboard I have a London Decca Jubilee,a Cadenza Bronze, a Benz Micro Wood H2 and a Ruby 3, and a Nagaoka MP-500. Electronics are Quad tubes (24p, QC-twentyfour, II/forty monoblocks) and a Musical Fidelity X-Can V3. Speakers are Quad 2905s and a cheap powered subwoofer, and headphones Sennheiser HD650. I clean my vinyl carefully with a Loricraft PRC4 and a Degritter. There's all sorts of older gear, speakers etc up in the attic!
Looking forward to some debates and discussions!

Chris

Blackmore

Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2023, 09:50 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle

toocool4

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2023, 10:02 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle drmoss_ca

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2023, 03:17 am »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2023, 05:01 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Chris   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2023, 06:34 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb: