How it all started...

jd3

Re: How it all started...
« Reply #20 on: 7 Sep 2023, 07:33 pm »
Picked up one of the first pair of Song Towers at Jim’s house on a Labor Day weekend.  They were in Honey Locust, and Jim really didn't want me to take them since there were tiny imperfections in the finish.  I couldn't see them, but he wanted them to be perfect!  I'd driven across the state to pick them up and told him that didn't bother me, but he discounted them for the imperfections.  Those were just the first of many of his speakers I bought over the years.  Whenever I got the upgrade itch, Jim was willing to sell my previous Salks for me to get into the next pair.  My wife and I got to know both Jim and Mary from our numerous trips to the shop over the years, and we will miss seeing you.  Jim and Mary are two of the nicest people I've ever met.

Looks like we will be making Michigan home again in the near future, so hopefully we will cross paths again.  All the best to both of you!

John (and Jill)

Jrhodus

« Reply #21 on: 8 Sep 2023, 06:42 pm »
A wonderful story and interesting life.  Thank you for your service to our country and the best of luck in the future.  I’m sure that you will succeed in whatever path that you choose.

Again, thanks for the wonderful speakers.  I’m enjoying them as I type this.

Thank you

James

JakeJ

« Reply #22 on: 9 Sep 2023, 07:54 pm »
Is there any thoughts on providing kits, hardwoods, or veneers?  Or maybe the better question is will there be wood an/or veneers left over that will be offered for sale?  I have in mind building a set of the NX-Studios with a solid walnut baffle and walnut burl veneer on the sides and top edges.

jsalk

« Reply #23 on: 11 Sep 2023, 04:00 pm »
Is there any thoughts on providing kits, hardwoods, or veneers?  Or maybe the better question is will there be wood an/or veneers left over that will be offered for sale?  I have in mind building a set of the NX-Studios with a solid walnut baffle and walnut burl veneer on the sides and top edges.

We may offer plans/partial kits in the future.  I will take a month or so to decide.  We did sell all of our veneers and existing hardwood last week.  The guy who bought them got a fabulous deal.  We just didn't have time to deal with it and he basically took it off our hands.

- Jim

Wallacefl

« Reply #24 on: 17 Sep 2023, 01:23 pm »
Plans or kits would be wonderful. I believe you can now source the RAAL 20xr via Solen Canada that will really impact diy.