Speaker Isolation

coach

Speaker Isolation
« on: 3 Aug 2023, 06:33 pm »
Hi Guys
I'm the proud owner of a pair of Salk Encores. I 've been reading about isolating the speaker from the floor with Townshend  speaker bars or the seismic podiums. Anybody here with the Encores tried these products? What are your thoughts?

boniccie

Re: Speaker Isolation
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2023, 01:41 pm »
I recommend Isoacoustic Gaia feet. They work great with my Salk BeAT.

Hydro

« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2023, 04:21 pm »
I really like the Gaia feet and use them on my SS-10's. They are quite expensive and I searched for something less costly for my HT-3's. Zoro has a line of rubber isolators that were cheap and had the correct thread. They worked great at a fraction of the price. I have since used them on some SCST's , Ht-2's and some floor standing Alta's with great success.  I am not sure what the thread is on your Encores but I suggest trying them. Here is a link to some with 5/16 threads but you will need to get the ones that fit your speakers.

https://www.zoro.com/zoro-select-vibration-isolator-55-lb-max-516-18-2npe6/i/G2997924/

Rshorb

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2023, 12:58 am »
I use the SVS Iso mounts on my pair of 9.5's that are on a hardwood floor. They work very well at holding the weight and the performance is great, while being priced well. My other Salks are on carpet, so I use the provided spikes.

coach

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2023, 02:48 am »
Well, I've had the Townsand's Seismic Bars under my Encores for a little over a month now. The difference was immediate. Since it was just me wrestling with these big boys, it took a little over an hour to get everything dialed in again. The speakers kept moving as I was trying to get them on the bars. Sliding to the front and back. For big floor standers, this is a two-man job.
Once in place, I can say there seemed to be more music. Not being coupled to the floor, everything just spread out from the center. And in all directions. The presentation did lose a little of the dynamics that the floor gave it. Bass was less boomy, but much more articulate. Vocals were very good before, but now it's scarry real. I'm a jazz guy, with a good amount of classical thrown in. Full orchestral works really benefit from the decoupling, as the increased soundstage lets you find whatever section in the orchestra you want to hear with no effort. They don't alter or color the sound of your system. Just gives you more from your system. I've made a few tweaks to my rig over the year and this is one of the better ones. Once the speakers are on the bars, they will move if you give them a little nudge. But you'd have to shove them pretty hard to dislodge them.
My system:
ATI 1807 amp
Modwright swl 9.0
Denifrips Pontus dac
Innuos Mini mk3
Salk 3beat Encore. And various cables and stuff.
I think weather you use Townsand or any speaker isolation system, you're in for a real treat. 

dpatters

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2023, 04:38 pm »
I would go with the Gaia footers. I use Track Audio isolation footers on my speakers, but they weigh over 200 lbs each.

Don P