M4 Cones and Spikes

Tarheel

M4 Cones and Spikes
« on: 4 Feb 2022, 06:38 pm »
Would someone take a photo of the cone/spike setup on your m4s.  If there is a manual mine was omitted :?  I looked at product support and saw no mention of cones.
Thanks in advance for your help :)
PS:  hardwood floors with thin area rug.  Speakers are on the rug.

RonN5

Re: M4 Cones and Spikes
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2022, 08:13 pm »
This should help you with how to utilize the cones/spikes.... as you will read, the front spikes, short or long...your choice thread into the cones...the rear spikes, if you decide to use them (depending on the tilt angle you want) thread directly into the black base.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177919.0

if you decide you ever want to put them on the wood floor, here is an option I'm using....the cones in the front .....without the spikes setting on furniture sliders with a washer underneath the cone to stop it from digging in...and then a felt pad under the rear...here is a picture....not the most elegant, but it is working for now and allows me to easily move them as I optimize positioning with any damage to the floor or my back.

Good luck.

Tarheel

Re: M4 Cones and Spikes
« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2022, 09:10 pm »
Thanks Ron that was the thread I was looking for :)  I will post photos as soon as I get them in their proper place following more burn in.