Spatial audioX3,X5. Bass Volume remote

Audiophile58

Spatial audioX3,X5. Bass Volume remote
« on: 5 May 2021, 01:47 pm »
I sent Clayton a great idea which anyone with a powered sub on their X3, X5  would appreciate.
The Burr Brown BB PGA2310 digitally-controlled precision attenuator  is a very accurate cost effective way
To implement Bass volume adjustment ,and mute. My friend built a open baffle with a hypex amplifier
Within  2 weeks he built a little board with a sensor and $10 Phillips remote .since the speakers Xover is fully dialed in like the Spatial X5, X3. All that’s truly lacking is the Bass  volume adjustment , for we all know Bass output can vary per recording , and to be able to adjust it on the fly would be fantastic . I just thoughtI would mention this
For my friend being a DIY electronics tech ,if he can implement it in 2 weeks part time and all the set up parameters are available on Burr Browns site . It would be a great refinement to a great speaker !! 👍

Jolly

Re: Spatial audioX3,X5. Bass Volume remote
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2021, 02:15 pm »
 I think that is a great idea for Spatial speakers  Audiophile58!! I hope Clayton agrees and a great product will become even greater.

Audiophile58

« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2021, 02:19 pm »
This makes perfect sense , Please do let Clayton know if you would like the Bass Remote volume feature implemented.
It’s like having a gas petal with no cruise control currently .This way just a simple remote you can adjust the Bass volume output on the fly as well as mute ,it works Great my friend said it was easy the setup schematic
Is free  at Burr Browns web site, and excellent tech support !!

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 5 May 2021, 02:52 pm »
This makes perfect sense , Please do let Clayton know if you would like the Bass Remote volume feature implemented.
It’s like having a gas petal with no cruise control currently .This way just a simple remote you can adjust the Bass volume output on the fly as well as mute ,it works Great my friend said it was easy the setup schematic
Is free  at Burr Browns web site, and excellent tech support !!
Where I'd find that useful is more to be precise about L/R level matching and repeatability for the level settings. I occasionally bump those pots by accident (usually ONE of them) when cleaning or messing with the speaker cables. Getting them back to the same setting with the knobs is a rather coarse adjustment.