"L" Shaped Triple OB Sub Enclosure?

zenfishbike

"L" Shaped Triple OB Sub Enclosure?
« on: 27 Apr 2021, 06:26 pm »
I know it's important to keep the distance between drivers as short as possible, as is the length of the amp connection wires for proper servo control. It would seem to make no difference between a stack of 3 drivers and a stack of 2 with the third next to the bottom one forming an "L" shaped cabinet. The amp would connect to this third driver and the wiring distances from it and the adjacent drivers would be the same as they are in a stacked triple. This gets a triple to fit underneath a movie screen. You might even place the amp on top of the third driver enclosure to showcase it and free up some floorspace. I would place them on the inside of some NX-Otica's. IMO a pair of these would be pretty badass looking :icon_twisted: (Others may be horrified! :x Certainly controversial).

Thoughts?

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Re: "L" Shaped Triple OB Sub Enclosure?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2021, 11:24 pm »
I know it's important to keep the distance between drivers as short as possible, as is the length of the amp connection wires for proper servo control. It would seem to make no difference between a stack of 3 drivers and a stack of 2 with the third next to the bottom one forming an "L" shaped cabinet. The amp would connect to this third driver and the wiring distances from it and the adjacent drivers would be the same as they are in a stacked triple. This gets a triple to fit underneath a movie screen. You might even place the amp on top of the third driver enclosure to showcase it and free up some floorspace. I would place them on the inside of some NX-Otica's. IMO a pair of these would be pretty badass looking :icon_twisted: (Others may be horrified! :x Certainly controversial).

Thoughts?

What you propose will work fine. Just keep in mind that they need to be three feet or more out into the room.

zenfishbike

Re: "L" Shaped Triple OB Sub Enclosure?
« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2021, 03:57 am »

What you propose will work fine. Just keep in mind that they need to be three feet or more out into the room.

Excellent! I may be the first to try this configuration (?) but first I'll build the dual stack and see if I feel the need to scab the third on. (I have to admit I'm tempted to go full monty from the get go just because I think it would look so amazingly imposing, probably sound that way too   :icon_twisted:)