stormwind13

« on: 12 Apr 2021, 06:48 pm »
Hi all, Dustin here. I've been into audio since I was a kid. I've been in the high(er) end of things since about 2012. Located in the Twin Cities area (MN)

I happened across this site from a google link to a marketplace post. I'm on avs as stormwind13, I think that's the only other audio site I am active on. I'm also on diyaudio.

Anyways, my current setup is:
Mains: BW 801 matrix s3
Center: Klipsch KLF C7, still looking for a viable replacement.
I am contemplating building a trio of the DIYSG titan 818s when parts become available.

Currently running 5.4.2 Atmos, my room layout does not accommodate rear surrounds or it would be 7.4.2

AVR: Yamaha RX-a3080
DSP: Minidsp with umik-1
Amps: Bounce between a cinenova grande 3 and a sunfire signature 5. I'm in the process of recapping the sunfire. The cinenova is next.
Subs: 2x diy Gjallarhorn tapped horns  More info on those here:  https://data-bass.com/#/systems/5b11c15751412e00047d669d?_k=y6ciwq
Sub amp: Crest Pro-Lite 7.5
Projector: Benq lk990 laser 4k
Screen: diy 138" with carl's place materials.

I've owned a ton of different amps and speakers, I settled on the 801 s3 after having a trio of klipsch klf30s for many years. I also have a pair of martin logan monoliths and ESS AMT 1c. My first actual speakers were a pair of cerwin vega at-15s that I still have to this day.

Anyways, I used to set up local subwoofer shootouts and GTGs with @Lukeamdman- but I've been out of the game a few years now. Life happens, kids happen, and we all get busy. This is a hobby that I continue to be passionate about though!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2021, 06:50 pm »
Welcome  :thumb: