A370PEQ vs A370-XLR3 Servo Amps

zenfishbike

A370PEQ vs A370-XLR3 Servo Amps
« on: 27 Mar 2021, 12:36 am »
I'm sure this must have been answered somewhere here already but I can't find it in my search.

If one is to have both a two channel music and a home theater movie setup it seems the XLR3 is the one to have but it doesn't have the high pass filter RCA out that the PEQ has. What's that for and why would I want that? Note I currently don't use XLR but that could change some day. I also don't use a HT receiver either, I feed HT content direct from my Oppo (that could change someday too). Oh, I should add I've used speaker level input on my REL's forever and I'm a fan of that so that would point me towards the PEQ's. Confused.

Thanks!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: A370PEQ vs A370-XLR3 Servo Amps
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2021, 04:47 am »
You don"t want to use the high pass filter on the A370PEQ, it's not very good. For low level (RCA) and speaker level inputs I prefer the A370PEQ3. This model has two line level inputs but no output. The XLR3 is the way to go if you have balanced outputs on your preamp. However, as you noted, it doesn't have speaker level inputs. Base your choice on the type of input you need.

zenfishbike

Re: A370PEQ vs A370-XLR3 Servo Amps
« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2021, 09:48 pm »
Ok, the PEQ it is, order placed. Thanks Mike and Danny