Hi!

GGVV

Hi!
« on: 22 Mar 2021, 09:19 am »
Hi!

I am a newbie in audio and very interested to start building a humble home system.
Saw many good reads and interesting topics in AudioCircle and look forward to enjoying and contributing in the long run!  :wink:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2021, 09:38 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb: 

GGVV

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2021, 10:26 am »
Thank you for the warm welcome  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2021, 11:56 am »
Welcome!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2021, 01:56 pm »
Welcome!

How humble?  Hard to beat active monitors and streaming your music via CD quality sources (such as Tidal or Qobuz) that have millions of albums to pick from.  NAD Node ($550 streamer/DAC) with Kali LP-5 ($300/pair active 2-way monitors) would make for a killer desktop/small room system.  Or move up to Kali IN-5 ($700/pair active coaxial 3-way monitors) and be done for many years.

GGVV

« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2021, 06:57 am »
Welcome!

How humble?  Hard to beat active monitors and streaming your music via CD quality sources (such as Tidal or Qobuz) that have millions of albums to pick from.  NAD Node ($550 streamer/DAC) with Kali LP-5 ($300/pair active 2-way monitors) would make for a killer desktop/small room system.  Or move up to Kali IN-5 ($700/pair active coaxial 3-way monitors) and be done for many years.

Hello JML!

Thanks for the great recommendation.

Unfortunately, I have already started my journey, as I have some limitations. My wife doesn't like many things in the living room! So I done my  research online, and concluded that naim nait nova would be the best if I was not going to buy separate amps/DACs/Streamer and others. I bought the nova first before buying the speakers.  :duh:

It took me some time to listen to many different speakers, and settled with an ET LFT-8b. I was not sure the nova being 80W amp was capable to power the speaker as the recommendation was 75W and above. Since I liked the sound, I took the nova to the store to test.  To me, it sounded great and paired quite well and had plenty of power.

At my mid 40's, first time buying a speaker, this is my begining. I am excited to find AC and looking forward to read, learn from you guys and also share my experiences.

Really appreciate all the kind replies.

GGVV

« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2021, 07:09 am »
Sorry for getting your name wrong JLM. :oops:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2021, 10:08 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC GGVV   :thumb:

GGVV