BCD3

spinner

BCD3
« on: 16 Mar 2021, 03:39 pm »
 Even after two years my BCD3 continues to surprise me with it's realism. As I have gradually worked my way through my sizable cd record collection I'm hearing them like for the first time but with better harmonics and emotion....thanks for such a great device James. :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BCD3
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2021, 03:43 pm »
Hi Spinner

Thanks - The BDC-3 has been a huge success for us :thumb:

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2021, 02:22 am »
  Good to hear that ..please keep making it, I want a second one for my other room....thanks :thumb:

Jozsef

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2021, 04:22 am »
It's a splendid device. I didn't imagine owning another CD player until Bryston pulled this rabbit out of a hat and offered performance that nothing else could match. It reveals information that even the best prior products had masked, whether it's music or characteristics of the recording apparatus.

spinner

« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:58 pm »
It's a splendid device. I didn't imagine owning another CD player until Bryston pulled this rabbit out of a hat and offered performance that nothing else could match. It reveals information that even the best prior products had masked, whether it's music or characteristics of the recording apparatus.
....You have expressed my view exactly. All those points you made are very accurate. :thumb:

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2021, 02:52 am »
 Yes , I feel the same about my BCD3....the best one  I've had ...makes my cd collection new again....hearing things I never heard previously. :thumb:

Speaker freak

« Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2021, 12:19 pm »
Another vote for the BCD-3. I just bought one to replace my BCD-1 (only because I was worried about its long-term future with no spare drives available). At first I couldn't detect any difference between them but after a few weeks the BCD-3 seems to provide a subtly more "spacious" sound. Love it.

I don't feel the same way about the display. The latest ones are white (blue and green discontinued) and it's far too bright. I can't get any help with setting up the serial commands from my laptop: the dealer doesn't know enough and emails to Bryston are ignored. I have a Bryston-only system apart from my speakers and although the kit is fantastic I'm deeply disappointed with the customer service.

Maybe James will read this and do something about it.

Speaker freak

« Reply #7 on: 26 Mar 2021, 03:12 pm »
I just heard from Bryton. Apparently the serial interface isn't needed and it can be done through the web interface. Just connect up with an ethernet cable and type in the ip address. A neat UI appears. Click on the "Terminal" button and type in the command.

What a shame the manual doesn't mention this.

Anyway, the display now looks ok and I can enjoy listening without being dazzled.

Sorry Bryston, I was getting frustrated. The BCD3/4BSST2/BP17 setup sounds fantastic.