Modular 2x12" OB servo sub expansion

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Modular 2x12" OB servo sub expansion
« on: 15 Mar 2021, 11:52 am »
Worked with captainhemo to get another pair of 12" OB H-Frame modules flat packs for my 2x12 stacks to go to 3x12 stacks.  With the modular cabinets it is easy.  They just come apart and you add dowels to the next module to stack them.

The new drivers arrive today from Danny.  Once the flat packs arrive, will be time for a glue-up party!

Just for reference captainhemo has these flat packs in stock if interested.

Sonicjoy

Re: Modular 2x12" OB servo sub expansion
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2021, 12:45 pm »
Very cool! I like that idea. You know what else would be cool is a matching box for the amp that sits on top of the whole stack. It could have a lid or cover that lifts for a nice look. Be very easy to make adjustments that way. Wouldn't even have to bend over.

Please post the difference in sound once you get there. And most of all, have fun! :thumb:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2021, 02:58 pm »
Sonicjoy,
These have been around for about 3 years.

I already have already heard the 3x12 and it is more bass output and just as clean. 

The flat pack box for the HX300-12OB or A370PEQ servo amps exists.  It can sit anywhere.  You can ask captainhemo about a lid. 

Captainhemo

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2021, 04:50 pm »
Yeah Rich,   your r modules are all  dry fit with  roundovers and reveals  cut.  We just need to box them up and get them out  to you.... it's been   hectic trying to get   NX-Treme kits  out,  they are  brutal to   dry fit, prep,  and pack

There is more   info on the modular subs in our flat pack thread,  they've been  out for  quite  a while.  I had to  dig through the thread to find the info....  after  5  + years of doing  the  h-frames , there is a lot of info  pics in the thread, good to look through if yoiu   are new to  ob bass ( if you  can handle my  horrid typing !!)
Here's a  shortcut to the modular information:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139480.240

Post  253   it starts

SJ,  yeah,  I suppose we could  easily cut a different baffle for a module that  would   have the amp coutout

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2021, 02:25 am »
The pair of Sw-12-16FR drivers arrived from Danny today from the latest batch.  :D

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2021, 02:28 am »
Daaamn!  :o
6 Subs per side?
That's badass!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2021, 03:28 am »
Yep, have an older modular version here of the two 6x12's like in Jay's picture made by Ruben. 

I use 4xHX300-12OB's with mine.  I do not need PEQ, but do need the extended upper frequency response that the HX300's servo amps offer.

Captainhemo

« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar 2021, 06:45 pm »
Here's a shot of the   modular 4 stacks  in Satin White

We also have the  quads and 6 stacks available  in solid sided designs made from the   the same Ultra  Refined, Premium 1.5 MDF and  1"  Medex as  our  standard  dual/triple models.
Just for clarification, the   Modular designs  use   1.25",  1"  , and  .625"  Medex. All necessary   hardware ( dowels, nuts, bolts & washers)  are  supplied

jay