New to this group

coot1957

New to this group
« on: 4 Mar 2021, 05:38 pm »
Hi group,
My name is Mark and I stumbled across this forum about a month ago while searching for speakers on the net. After reading through some posts I decided to venture into building/assembling speakers from GR Research. I found there is a wealth of information (and support) in this forum that can make building your own speakers relatively easy. I decided on building a pair of NX-Studios along with the Servo Sub No. 2 Kit. A second Servo Sub will probably be added in the future. I picked the NX-Studios because of their excellence reviews and I have one of those rooms where the speakers need to be placed somewhat close to the wall. I am currently of Jay's waiting list for the next NX-Studios shipment. Looking forward to the journey its going to be fun!
As a side note I live in Northern California specifically Sonoma County. If there is anyone in this group that lives nearby I would love to hear any of GR Research products.
Thank you,
Mark

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: New to this group
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2021, 06:03 pm »
Hi Mark,

Welcome to AC.

You certainly picked a winner combo to start with. Have fun,

Mike

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2021, 01:44 pm »
Welcome to AC.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2021, 01:50 pm »
Welcome to AC!
Im in the process of building a pair of NX Studios myself, just waiting for the shipment of the NQ woofers like everyone else. :P

Looking forward to your journey and process! Always feel free to ask questions if you ever get stuck!  :thumb: