Spotify announces HiFi music streaming

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« on: 22 Feb 2021, 09:04 pm »

Artists and fans have told us that sound quality is important to them. We agree, and that’s why today at Stream On we announced Spotify HiFi.

Beginning later this year, Premium subscribers in select markets will be able to upgrade their sound quality to Spotify HiFi and listen to their favorite songs the way artists intended.

Read on for five things you need to know about our new high-quality music experience:
  • High-quality music streaming is consistently one of the most requested new features by our users.
  • Spotify HiFi will deliver music in CD-quality, lossless audio format to your device and Spotify Connect-enabled speakers, which means fans will be able to experience more depth and clarity while enjoying their favorite tracks.
  • Ubiquity is at the core of everything we do at Spotify, and we’re working with some of the world’s biggest speaker manufacturers to make Spotify HiFi accessible to as many fans as possible through Spotify Connect.
  • HiFi will be coupled with Spotify’s seamless user experience, building on our commitment to make sure users can listen to the music they love in the way they want to enjoy it.
  • Spotify HiFi will begin rolling out in select markets later this year, and we will have more details to share soon.

Want to learn more? Listen as American singer-songwriter Billie Eilish and record producer FINNEAS speak about the importance of high-quality audio options for creators and fans:
https://youtu.be/W07MvWbuWkI

For more information:
https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-02...ify-stream-on/
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2021, 11:41 pm by jtwrace »

jjss49

Re: Spotify announces HiFi music streaming
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2021, 11:32 pm »
wow
amazing
incredible
unbelievable
scintillating

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2021, 12:00 am »
wow
amazing
incredible
unbelievable
scintillating

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Awesome! I bet those ‘select markets’ can’t wait for this service later this year!  Truly groundbreaking Spotify, take a bow.

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2021, 12:02 am »
Roon integration please :green:

zoom25

« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2021, 03:15 am »
Roon integration please :green:

Not going to happen, unfortunately. Roon would like it, and so would I, since I have both Roon and Spotify. Spotify wants control of their product and how people see and use Spotify. This means Roon integration isn't on the table.

Regardless, I'll be getting the lossless option day 1 it comes out in Canada. Very excited.  :thumb:

JackD

« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2021, 03:37 am »
Agree.  Spotify has never released their API to anyone and no reason to start now.

Maxdd_nj

« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2021, 05:53 am »
Spotify has a decent web API https://developer.spotify.com - I tried it out building a music discovery tool in Python/Flask. For hardware development you need to submit a hardware partner application.

wushuliu

« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2021, 09:12 am »
Given Spotify’s problematic approach and dismissive views regarding the merits of anything beyond mp3 for sound quality I’d take this announcement with some skepticism. Spotify had consistently been the worst sounding service since it’s inception IMO and I don’t expect that to change at this point.