Any alternative for BR2 remote?

Johnney

Any alternative for BR2 remote?
« on: 31 Jan 2021, 01:33 am »
I still need a remote control to switch on/off BDP-3, but new BR2 is a bit expensive. Any alternative solution for BR2, after all I just need it to switch on/off of BDP-3. Thank you!

GrooveControl

Re: Any alternative for BR2 remote?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2021, 02:01 am »
Does your preamp have a 12v trigger out?

If you want a cheap remote, the $5 unit I mention in this thread below worked on a couple bryston units provided you can teach it the codes...

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=172296.msg1822106#msg1822106

Johnney

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2021, 03:01 am »
My integrated amp has 12V trigger but I will only run BDP3 alone when performing add/remove files. Thanks and I will check that inexpensive remote.

gil99

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2021, 04:04 am »
There is the Bryston br-4 remote which work very well with all Bryston component that does the same function ( or almost) as the br-2 but less expensive. I have one and it work with the bdp and bda digital and preamp. It control all the function for the bdp and bda.
Gil

Johnney

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2021, 04:06 am »
There is the Bryston br-4 remote which work very well with all Bryston component that does the same function ( or almost) as the br-2 but less expensive. I have one and it work with the bdp and bda digital and preamp. It control all the function for the bdp and bda.
Gil
Incl. on/off of BDP?

gil99

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2021, 02:04 pm »
Yes, it operate the bdp and bda on/off, select the source on bda and run your bdp function play,stop,next,previous ...check Bryston br-4 in a web search.

gil99

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2021, 02:08 pm »
I have ordered mine through my Bryston dealer, but I think you can order direct from Bryston. It is less than $200.00 ,and the case is all metal, very nice remote,I recommend it , can control all Bryston component.

Johnney

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2021, 02:10 pm »
Yes, it operate the bdp and bda on/off, select the source on bda and run your bdp function play,stop,next,previous ...check Bryston br-4 in a web search.
Thank you so much and glad to know on/off can be performed in BDP with BR2 or BR4. I will get one of them soon. Thanks

gil99

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2021, 03:22 pm »
For more information, go to Bryston.com, bottom of page,go to online support, then download, near bottom of page go to remote, all information needed for br-4 and br-2. available. Hopes it will help.
Gilles

Johnney

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2021, 03:28 pm »
Your elaboration in power on/off is more clear than in manual :)

Johnney

« Reply #10 on: 6 Feb 2021, 01:02 pm »
I got a brand new BR2 remote. From the manual, no code setup is needed for BDP-3. I tried it today and a bit shock to find out BDP-3 has no response to any key on BR2. Both are new gears, cannot figure out what goes wrong. :(

gil99

« Reply #11 on: 6 Feb 2021, 01:47 pm »
Ahi Johnny,
Go to bryston web site at the bottom of the page go to online support, then download and near the bottom there is the link for “remote” you will find the instruction to program the remote, I had to program mine when I receive it. Or contact bryston, they will help you.

Johnney

« Reply #12 on: 6 Feb 2021, 01:56 pm »
Ahi Johnny,
Go to bryston web site at the bottom of the page go to online support, then download and near the bottom there is the link for “remote” you will find the instruction to program the remote, I had to program mine when I receive it. Or contact bryston, they will help you.
Hi Gil99, Yes I have read BR2 manual for several times, it says no special code for BDP digital player. May I know which code you set on BR2? Thank you!

gil99

« Reply #13 on: 6 Feb 2021, 02:07 pm »
Hi Johney,
I have the br4 remote and program it for the bda-1 and bdp-1, and have use the code 716. It is a bit tricky to program it, youmight try to use the br-4 instructions instead it might work. Chris will certainly help you out if you needs it.

gil99

« Reply #14 on: 6 Feb 2021, 02:14 pm »
Just had a look at the br4 instruction and it gives the codes for bdp-3 as 719, you might try it.
Gillles

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #15 on: 6 Feb 2021, 02:39 pm »
I got a brand new BR2 remote. From the manual, no code setup is needed for BDP-3. I tried it today and a bit shock to find out BDP-3 has no response to any key on BR2. Both are new gears, cannot figure out what goes wrong. :(

Are you pressing the DA button on the BR2?

james

Johnney

« Reply #16 on: 7 Feb 2021, 06:21 am »
Are you pressing the DA button on the BR2?

james
Oh No. I missed DA button. After pressing it everything work well. Cannot believe solution is so simple and straightforward. Thank you! James

Johnney

« Reply #17 on: 7 Feb 2021, 06:22 am »
Just had a look at the br4 instruction and it gives the codes for bdp-3 as 719, you might try it.
Gillles
It is solved now. Thank you! Gillles

gil99

« Reply #18 on: 7 Feb 2021, 01:37 pm »
Glad to hear it's working now. I was sure the problem would be solved with Bryston.