An introduction with thanks!

Shives

• I like French fries
An introduction with thanks!
« on: 2 Mar 2021, 02:07 pm »
Good morning, afternoon and evening!

My name is Dave, my buddies call me Shivers! Nice to meet you all!

I’m what you call a constant learner, lol! I’ve gone back to school a few times, taken so many courses I can’t count anymore!

My LOVE for audio started way back when I was 13 years old! I took an electronics course on high school, (VOC) and my area of interest is audio/video! I’ve been building systems for homes and cars since I can remember! My first setup was in my bedroom at 14. I made a system I could listen to until I finished rebuilding my first car I bought from a junk yard! A VW Scirocco!

Hey, quiet peanut gallery. Ha ha.

That car got the system I made in my bedroom. I made fiberglass kicks for Rockford 6.5, new deck from Sony... (Shhhh)  amp and 12” sub. Boy did that sound awesome, or so I thought! Lol

Since I’ve worked at many high end audio shops and retail stores, I’ve had my own shop that I closed because I got too busy!

I jumped out of my love to take on some other things that got my blood pumping! Motorcycles! Building, painting, powder coating and more.

Currently I’m looking to make a move, possible Texas and hook-up with a business that I can sink me teeth into and enjoy!

I did just pickup some 600m’s at open box price (new) a 504c and SPL12 to get rid of a soundbar! (Yea, I know!! But my space was limited! Lol) running off my denon AVR-x3700h. The Auddsey EQ is cool to tinker with! Tho many feel it’s limited... and it is, it’s a cool edition for many who can’t setup time alignment and more! I am looking to pickup the rp kits for both the 600m and 504C. I’ve only had my speakers a week now... they are not bad! I’m still in the return period, but for what I paid.... I think I’m ok. (25% off retail) with that discount, I feel the additional parts for the new network are a drop in the bucket.

I’m located in Mass currently!

Also, I would like to open up to my local people! I’ve been soldering and building/fixing electronics for years and years! I’m highly good at it! Many around me call me the local Wizard. (They say If I can’t do it, nobody can... which I don’t believe! I feel anyone can do what I do with knowledge) I don’t make the names, I just respond!

My point, if anyone is in any need with help on assembly? Setup, or soldering... by all means reach out. Happy to show off my work to anyone who needs or wants to see. Need help assembling wires, again I’m happy to help! (I have many references!)

I’m a bit OCD... Yes! But I see that it helps my ability to get things done in a beautiful manor!

Danny... Thanks for all your love and hard work! I simply love what your doing, and would LOVE to stop by and talk! I’m going to try and come down in the next few weeks! I want to say thank you again, and to all the members here before, Thank you too!

To me, I’m fueled by people’s responses! Yup, when I do something for a friend, customers or whom ever... Seeing the response of what I did... It’s my drug of choice! To provide excitement for anyone is something that’s powerful! Danny, I don’t think your realize how much excitement you bring to many! This is my drug of choice! Making people smile... I have to say I’m good at it!

Danny, I was that kid in school with the loud, clean and clear system! I was also that young kid making electromagnets that could pull a lawnmower across the yard!

Sorry for the long introduction! I hope that I can give back as much as I’ve gained!

Now, let’s turn up!

Dagoods

Re: An introduction with thanks!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2021, 04:59 pm »
From one Dave to another Welcome! Howdy from Texas :thumb:

Enjoyed reading your introduction. Sorry you are stuck in Mass. You will really enjoy the freedoms Texas provides if you make it down here. Been in the Dallas area for decades and won't live anywhere else.

Have the same Denon receiver in my home theater and it performs well.

You will find that Danny and everyone else on this circle are a wealth of knowledge and don't mind sharing opinions and ideas. Good friendly place where I have learned a lot and even visited Danny to do the crossovers in my Maggie's. Danny does excellent work and I am close to finishing a pair of his triple servo subs.

Look forward to seeing some of your builds.

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2021, 08:54 pm »
Dave’s not hear man! Lol! Nice to meet you, and thanks for the kind welcome!
I do appreciate it! I’m going to lurk around for a bit more and see if I can find some answer to my questions! Looks like I can search!!! Whooooo hoo!

Again, thanks! Looking forward to being around!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2021, 09:05 pm »
Welcome to AC! :thumb:

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar 2021, 01:37 pm »
Thanks Hobbs!! I appreciate that.

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2021, 01:50 pm »
Cool story. I can't wait to meet you. Come see me when you get here. I might try to put you to work though. I can really use the help.

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #6 on: 8 Mar 2021, 05:58 pm »
Absolutely! I would hope you would. Ha! I’m working out the details now. I’m going to send you a email or message.  I’ll reference something in the title to stand out. Will be in the next couple weeks. Can’t wait!