What does everybody have on order? Waiting room.

a63vette

What does everybody have on order? Waiting room.
« on: 19 Dec 2020, 10:33 am »
I don’t believe I’ve seen a “Waiting room” thread here - if ok with jim thought it would be fun. Currently have a  pair of Song 3s in silver Gray burst over maple that were assembled yesterday. These will replace my WOW1s in our new living room. Can’t wait, I’ve wanted 3 way speakers since I was a kid putting together a Hafler kit. Embarrassed to say how often I check the tracker lol.

Anybody else?

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Re: What does everybody have on order? Waiting room.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2020, 09:04 pm »
I have a  pair of Jim’s new Soungtower II on order.  I have always felt the original Songtowers were one of the best audio values ever.  If the new ones are better yet, they should be spectacular.

Frank

ilikerecords

« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2020, 03:38 am »
I have a set of Encore's on order that I'm very excited about.  Won't reveal the details about them just yet.  I'm currently 7 weeks in and am at 23% completion.  And all I can say right now is that the suspense is killing me!   Also embarrassed to say how often I check my status daily.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2020, 03:49 am »
This is a fun topic for a thread as I know what you’re all going through!

Jeff in the D

« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2020, 04:00 am »
Yep, for sure I remember what the wait was like. Once my Soundscape 8 order was placed the weeks seemed to slow down. Was very difficult to not check on the progress!
Jeff

DEP14

« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2020, 03:05 am »
The waiting...is the hardest part.

T.P.

RIP

SoundJoy

« Reply #6 on: 26 Dec 2020, 05:40 pm »
Hello Salksters.  This is my first post here. 

I am anxiously waiting for the completion of a pair of Salk BMR Monitors in curly maple, dyed rose red.  I've had many different speakers since my first system in 1980.  However, these BMRs will be my first to not be purchased second-hand, or otherwise deeply discounted.

SoundJoy

« Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2020, 05:31 am »
A follow-up to my post above. 

There is a sticky topic to tell what speakers you are replacing with Salks.  I'm waiting to chime in there until I get my BMRs and can compare them to my trusty Bowers & Wilkins DM602 mains.  I really like my B&Ws.  The tweeters failed from playing Tidal, volume differences when a non-MQA song was followed by a (much louder) MQA encoded song...  I took the opportunity to upgrade to the better OEM tweeter w/ wave guide. 

My sub is a Rythmik F15HP. 

Amp is a Denon AVR-X5200W, was rated 140 watts @ 8 ohms.  I hope it will drive the BMRs to descent levels.  My current speakers are slightly more efficient but my critical listening is practically near-field at 10' to 11'.

My system does home theater duty but music is what I care about most.  My main source of music is Amazon HD on a MacBook via USB to a S.M.S.L. M500 DAC.  I used to listen to more vinyl but the ease and the selection of music streaming has won me over.

ilikerecords

« Reply #8 on: 10 Feb 2021, 06:56 am »
Wheeeew.  Well, I'm just 4 days away from 4 months since my order/deposit.  And I'm just at 29% completion.  Where that puts me on the jobs completed is "Cabinets Veneered".  Man.  I was WAY OFF on forecasting the approximate completion of these.  Heck, I maybe looking at getting these around Spring when I want to be outside (eek!)!

ermd1

« Reply #9 on: 10 Feb 2021, 01:24 pm »
In 2 weeks, it will be 6 months since my order was placed.  The final topcoat completed almost 2 weeks ago, but still no assembly reported.

Kinger

« Reply #10 on: 10 Feb 2021, 02:57 pm »
Feel for you guys with the long wait times.  Good thing is that once you do take delivery you'll have that pride in ownership of some of the finest looking (and sounding) loudspeakers for the price and it will be custom to you as opposed to the same thing everyone else has.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #11 on: 10 Feb 2021, 03:05 pm »
Not waiting any more, got my new Songtower II speakers last week.  They are awesome.

These are the first pair Jim showed here thus the short wait time.

Ulmer

« Reply #12 on: 10 Feb 2021, 04:04 pm »
Not waiting any more, got my new Songtower II speakers last week.  They are awesome.

I'm ~8 weeks into my Songtower II wait so I have a way to go.

I got to hear Frank's yesterday briefly though. They sound very nice!  :thumb:

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #13 on: 10 Feb 2021, 05:11 pm »
I enjoy this thread as misery (the misery caused by the wait for our new speakers) loves company. 

BVB09

« Reply #14 on: 12 Feb 2021, 11:23 pm »
Hello,

First time post.   Two weeks in for a pair of Song3 Beats in Piano Black.  Based on the previous posts I will need to be patient, but the end product will make it all worthwhile.   Status at 23%.........

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #15 on: 13 Feb 2021, 07:59 pm »

Looking good.   i bet you didn't think two 5" drivers could go that low.  And good to see your Phil 3's again.  I always thought those were the nicest pair my original cabinet builder did. 
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2021, 06:15 am by DMurphy »

owlsalum1

« Reply #16 on: 14 Feb 2021, 05:38 pm »
'First time post.   Two weeks in for a pair of Song3 Beats in Piano Black.  Based on the previous posts I will need to be patient, but the end product will make it all worthwhile.   Status at 23%.........'

So you know, everyone gets to 23% quickly, myself included with Song3 Encores. That's just cabinet cut and glue up. Those next steps for veneering and finishing are what take a major dose of patience. Especially for special veneers or finishes. But, as a soon to be two time owner of Salks I can definitely say the wait is well worth it. At least Jim is up front about lead time so you know before you take the plunge how sorely your patience will be tested. :-)

BVB09

« Reply #17 on: 14 Feb 2021, 06:48 pm »
Yep, no issues in waiting for a great set of speakers.   Congrats on the Encore speakers!   Would love to hear what those sound like one day. 

To pass the time the wife has us working on a kitchen remodel for our home.   That should keep me distracted for a while.    :D

Druegor

« Reply #18 on: 23 Feb 2021, 02:59 am »
I ordered a set of Song3 Encores and a matching SS 7C in the middle of January.  Should I be worried that they are still only at 11% (Deposit Accepted)? 

Yomaha

« Reply #19 on: 23 Feb 2021, 10:07 pm »
Song3 BeAT's on order here...they just left Lake Orion, MI via FedEx headed my way.  It did take around 6 months to build them, but I feel confident it will be worth it.  I eventually stopped checking and kinda put it out of my mind, but then towards the end, the progress meter really started moving fast in my case.  Before I knew it I got a tracking number.  I love to consider the fact that before I placed my order these speakers did not exist and they were custom-built to order.