Salk WOW1 FS- Three Weeks Old- Sold- Thank you

Cary1

Salk WOW1 FS- Three Weeks Old- Sold- Thank you
« on: 21 Jul 2020, 10:48 pm »
I ordered these a few months ago and finally received them about three weeks ago and have less than 2 hours on them.  I made one mistake, Jim suggested that the Surround One would fit my listening preferences better and I didn't listen.   :duh:   He was correct.  These are absolutely wonderful sounding, accurate, clean (cleaner sounding than the Surround One), but a bit more forward in the upper midrange through treble (the Surround One is a bit laid back).  I prefer a bit laid back for my listening. 

So my mistake is hopefully someone else's gain.  They will be shipped with all the original packaging, grills (never unwrapped), and birth sheet.  They are curly maple with a black finish, which in the picture has a tan tinge, but in real life is gray/silver.  Also, the contrast between the edges and middle is much greater in the photos.  I am asking $1,000 plus actual shipping costs which will be about $50 in the CONUS.  I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area for those interested in a local pickup.

Thank you for looking. 

« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2020, 09:21 pm by Cary1 »

NoDisco

Re: Salk WOW1 FS- Three Weeks Old
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2020, 10:51 pm »
Would they need some time to break in?

Cary1

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2020, 12:29 am »
Would they need some time to break in?

Are you trying to start a war?   Break-in is considered by myself and Salk to be a myth.  Others differ. 

Hydro

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2020, 04:29 pm »
I have a friend that is a local speaker manufacturer and this question came up a few years ago. They found that after about six months the woofer had a slightly different measurement. Woofers also measure a little different in the heat of the summer compared to winter, I live in Texas:) Neither was enough to make or break whether a person liked the way a speaker sounded.

mhconley

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2020, 02:44 am »
Are you trying to start a war?   Break-in is considered by myself and Salk to be a myth.  Others differ.

Where's the like button?

Martin

Cary1

Re: Salk WOW1 FS- Three Weeks Old- Price Drop
« Reply #5 on: 1 Aug 2020, 11:56 pm »
Price Drop to $950.