Do You have No Music Days?

Mag

Do You have No Music Days?
« on: 3 Jun 2020, 08:04 pm »
Okay I've been listening to music for approx. 30 hours straight either actively or in background. So today I'm taking a break, a day of silence if you will to rest my ears and focus on watching movies or documentaries.

Do you ever take a break from the noise? It's good once & awhile to clear your mind & dwell in silence.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Re: Do You have No Music Days?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2020, 08:15 pm »
Yup - more than a break, sometimes I am just fed up with analyzing, always trying to make it better.

Randy

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2020, 08:23 pm »
Maybe you should try a different type of music.

toocool4

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2020, 08:26 pm »
Simple answer is no.

Since the lockdown, i have been going for a walk everyday but i don’t take my Walkman i just listen to the birds singing as i walk in the woods.  8)

Don_S

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2020, 09:38 pm »
Yes,

I live in a gated community that is very quiet. I especially enjoy quiet mornings. In good weather I go outside. Many days pass with no music.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2020, 11:51 pm »
Does anybody else experience this?

I seem to have an internal jukebox that never stops playing. Music, lyrics, jingles, TV theme songs all in there it seems. Especially noticeable in the morning when I get up. I take note what's playing and sometimes chuckle.

"you'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent"

"A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido"

" Ford has a better idea"

"Where's the beef?"

"Ding dong, the witch is dead"

It's all there... purpose unknown. It's like my personal RAM (random access memory).

SlushPuppy

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jun 2020, 12:15 am »
No.

MttBsh

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jun 2020, 12:59 am »
I have no NEWS days.

I've had it with the endless gloom and doom of television news. The pandemic, the police brutality, the rioters, the economic fallout. I care as much as the next guy - maybe too much - but I find that tuning in has begun to suck the life out of me. Music is the last thing I want to do without these days.

My wife and I took a hike in the foothills of the cascade mountains yesterday. Walking through the forest to an alpine lake, the sunlight through the leaves, the almost fluorescent moss, the sound of a bubbling stream temporarily washed away the ugliness, reminding me of just how beautiful this planet really is. There were no news cameras in sight.