Soundscape Series - what is available?

Roy Sq

Soundscape Series - what is available?
« on: 24 Dec 2019, 06:39 pm »
Hello, I am new to AudioCircle.  I recently had the chance to demo some of the soundscape 8 series being sold used.  What a tremendous sounding speaker.  Midrange and highs to die for.  The low end was accurate, though I wish it had a touch more oomph.

I've noticed that there is a SS10 and SS12, but sadly they were discontinued it seems.  Was this due to lack of interest, I can't imagine people didn't love them when they heard them.  It looks like others in the line-up are still available?

How often do they come up used?  Jim, do you ever see any in "trade"

charmerci

Re: Soundscape Series - what is available?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2019, 09:44 pm »
Seems like there is a used pair available - but until you have 3 posts, you can't directly contact the seller though I'm sure Jim can reach this person.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=135613.0

Ace Deprave

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2019, 10:33 pm »
Hello, I am new to AudioCircle.  I recently had the chance to demo some of the soundscape 8 series being sold used.  What a tremendous sounding speaker.  Midrange and highs to die for.  The low end was accurate, though I wish it had a touch more oomph.

I've noticed that there is a SS10 and SS12, but sadly they were discontinued it seems.  Was this due to lack of interest, I can't imagine people didn't love them when they heard them.  It looks like others in the line-up are still available?

The product pages for both SS10 and SS12 say "MODEL DISCONTINUED - REASON: WOOFER NO LONGER AVAILABLE"

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2019, 03:17 am »
Welcome to the forum.  You can't go wrong with any Salk, new or used.  If you are looking at used, don't forget this site - https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=salk

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2019, 04:24 pm »
How often do they come up used?  Jim, do you ever see any in "trade"

As to how often they come up used, I don't really know.  Likely not often.  As for trade-ins, I don't recall that we ever had either of these models traded in.

Also, I might note that we will likely not be building more SS8's.  For one thing, the woofers have been discontinued.  We can still have (large) batches manufactured, but now that we have the superior SS9.5's, there doesn't seem to be good justification for purchasing a large batch of SS8 woofers.

- Jim