Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade

maty

Re: Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade
« Reply #40 on: 11 Dec 2019, 06:57 pm »
Well, you're in luck!  I'm making a trip to Danny's in a couple of weeks and bringing my new Klipsch Forte IIIs for a full ride upgrade!  Should be a hell of a lot of fun.  I also have a couple of crazy ideas I want to try out while I'm there....

https://blog.son-video.com/en/2017/08/review-klipsch-forte-iii/

Only $ 4,000 and...

Crossover

[Big IMG, link] https://i0.wp.com/blog.son-video.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/test-klipsch-forte-iii-008.jpg

Speaker connectors

[Big IMG, link] https://i1.wp.com/blog.son-video.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/test-klipsch-forte-iii-001.jpg

The CSD :?

https://www.stereophile.com/content/klipsch-forte-iii-loudspeaker-measurements

I think Danny Richie will make it no few modifications!

Danny Richie

« Reply #41 on: 12 Dec 2019, 02:13 am »
http://Before you are done with this series I would like to hear how in the Klipsch and GR crossovers baffle step correction is accomplished.

The baffle step loss is handled by the inductor in the woofer circuit.

Skilly

« Reply #42 on: 12 Dec 2019, 03:59 am »
Deleted

« Last Edit: 16 May 2020, 04:04 pm by Skilly »

Danny Richie

« Reply #43 on: 12 Dec 2019, 04:28 am »
So, I did some poking around. I needed to use a #3 metric Allen wrench to remove the screws. I have some interior photos and will try to figure out how to insert them to this post.

Yes, an Allen wrench is needed (the same size) to remove everything.

Skilly

« Reply #44 on: 12 Dec 2019, 05:00 am »
Deleted by poster
« Last Edit: 16 May 2020, 04:04 pm by Skilly »

maty

« Reply #45 on: 12 Dec 2019, 07:49 am »
Off topic

The baffle step loss is handled by the inductor in the woofer circuit.

I have a big baffle step, but not at 100-200Hz, at 950 Hz (human voice) in my very strange 3-ways. The coil in the full range filter.

[Big IMG, link] http://maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/hum/cajas-grandotas-LspCAD-SPL-graph-with-8-Ohms.png

maty

« Reply #46 on: 12 Dec 2019, 11:26 am »
Less than two days and the second video is the second link!

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+Klipsch+RP-600M

Jon L

« Reply #47 on: 16 Dec 2019, 02:51 am »
I plopped down the Klispch RP-600M on top of my existing woofer boxes, hooked everything up just to make sure things work.  And as they say, I couldn't tear myself away for 6 straight hours  :thumb:

Judging by the flimsy boxes and laughable crossover parts, I don't know how they sound so vivid and alive without having sonic deal-breakers.  My system sounds so good right now, I don't think I want to change anything anytime soon...

Klipsch3 by drjlo2, on Flickr

P.S.  I AM using rather nice stuff to drive them including Elekit TU-8600R 300B SET amp for the Klipsch with Bryston active crossover/separate bass amp, but even when I was driving the Klipsch full range with the classic Panasonic SA-XR55 receiver, they were still sounding very nice, although not this nice.

fredgarvin

« Reply #48 on: 17 Dec 2019, 04:11 pm »
I plopped down the Klispch RP-600M on top of my existing woofer boxes, hooked everything up just to make sure things work.  And as they say, I couldn't tear myself away for 6 straight hours  :thumb:

Judging by the flimsy boxes and laughable crossover parts, I don't know how they sound so vivid and alive without having sonic deal-breakers.  My system sounds so good right now, I don't think I want to change anything anytime soon...

Klipsch3 by drjlo2, on Flickr

P.S.  I AM using rather nice stuff to drive them including Elekit TU-8600R 300B SET amp for the Klipsch with Bryston active crossover/separate bass amp, but even when I was driving the Klipsch full range with the classic Panasonic SA-XR55 receiver, they were still sounding very nice, although not this nice.

I'm still using that Panasonic amp for HT. Nothing else I've tried sounds as good. my surround speakers are Klipsch RB61 II, the model preceding yours.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #49 on: 17 Dec 2019, 04:55 pm »
Well, you're in luck!  I'm making a trip to Danny's in a couple of weeks and bringing my new Klipsch Forte IIIs for a full ride upgrade!  Should be a hell of a lot of fun.  I also have a couple of crazy ideas I want to try out while I'm there....
I see a new tech talk video coming soon WITH Tyson!

Danny Richie

« Reply #50 on: 17 Dec 2019, 05:05 pm »
I see a new tech talk video coming soon WITH Tyson!

Oh yeah, we might have to do that while he is here.

Jmitchell3

« Reply #51 on: 18 Dec 2019, 03:12 pm »
Another good video this week. Home run with these tech talk videos! Cant wait till listening impressions next week!

maty

« Reply #52 on: 18 Dec 2019, 04:30 pm »

Greg L

« Reply #53 on: 25 Dec 2019, 05:34 pm »
First post on this forum.  Well, I just watched Danny's YouTube video of listening impressions of the Klipsch RP600M after the upgrade.  I have to say he took a different direction than what I figured.  Instead of spending time telling us how the upgrade made the speakers better he spent most of the time telling us how the Klipsch speaker sounds as compared to what he's used to listening to on his high end system and how the Klipsch fall short of his best designed, no cost objective system/speaker combos???  I guess I'll wait for Ron's review on NRD to compare it to what I hear because the differences are phenomenal to my ear.   I completed the upgrade and have had several hours of listening to the upgraded version.  Overall to me the speakers are much smoother and the tweeter and woofer seem far more integrated.  I bought the stock speaker based on many positive YouTube reviews and was rather disappointed.  Now, I find them to be much more enjoyable to listen to.  Thanks Danny for taking the time to put this kit together.  I'll be spending more time enjoying these speakers now. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #54 on: 25 Dec 2019, 09:09 pm »
First post on this forum.  Well, I just watched Danny's YouTube video of listening impressions of the Klipsch RP600M after the upgrade.  I have to say he took a different direction than what I figured.  Instead of spending time telling us how the upgrade made the speakers better he spent most of the time telling us how the Klipsch speaker sounds as compared to what he's used to listening to on his high end system and how the Klipsch fall short of his best designed, no cost objective system/speaker combos???  I guess I'll wait for Ron's review on NRD to compare it to what I hear because the differences are phenomenal to my ear.   I completed the upgrade and have had several hours of listening to the upgraded version.  Overall to me the speakers are much smoother and the tweeter and woofer seem far more integrated.  I bought the stock speaker based on many positive YouTube reviews and was rather disappointed.  Now, I find them to be much more enjoyable to listen to.  Thanks Danny for taking the time to put this kit together.  I'll be spending more time enjoying these speakers now.

I think impressions and feedback such as yours means the most. I really had nothing to compare them to other than what I typically listen to.

Besides, once I had completed the upgrade I could not make the before and after comparison as I only had a single pair of them.

Thanks for trying out the upgrade and I am glad to know you are now enjoying them.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #55 on: 25 Dec 2019, 09:12 pm »
Hi Greg,

Welcome to Audio Circle!  :thumb:

Did you do the complete upgrade including the tube connectors all at once?

Hopefully more people will share what the differences are before and after.  :D

Greg L

« Reply #56 on: 26 Dec 2019, 01:32 am »
Yes I did complete the upgrade with tube connectors.  My next listening session will be a direct comparison between the tube connectors and the stock binding posts.  I will report my impressions.   

Skilly

« Reply #57 on: 26 Dec 2019, 01:39 am »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 16 May 2020, 04:03 pm by Skilly »

Jmitchell3

« Reply #58 on: 26 Dec 2019, 05:02 am »
Danny,

Another great video. Great thought to give the tour to give folks an idea where you are coming from...

Merry Christmas!

JohannG

« Reply #59 on: 26 Dec 2019, 01:57 pm »
Hello all!
Thank you Danny for putting this together!
I am new here and I want to try the upgrade.
Anyone in the Atlanta area interested in doing it as well?
Best.