DAC/Streamers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: DAC/Streamers
« Reply #160 on: 3 Apr 2021, 10:05 am »
I’m a little confused. On my iPad the display is different from the display shown in the manual on one line of Magic Moose.
On my iPad Update/Clear/Consume is in the centre of the screen, the buttons for Song Info and Media Player Settings are on the far left and the buttons for Default View, Song View and Artist View are on the far right.
Why is it different on my device, does it make a difference. Have I downloaded the wrong version of Manic Moose?
My iPad uses the latest firmware (14.4.2). My Bryston device is the BR20. Can anybody tell what’s happening?

Hi Clive

The app displays differently depending on the device. The one in the manual is how it would look on a full screen computer and the IPAD and IPHONE scale differently.

james

spartana

« Reply #161 on: 27 May 2021, 01:24 pm »
Concerning the Diapason award: here in Germany Bryston is somewhat the "amplifier company". Bryston digital equipment does not have the same reputation.

The Diapason d'or was awarded for some nice but exotic stuff like Shindo and Platine Verdier.

I wonder why Bryston digital equipment is not more "aggressively" promoted in German media.

The Diapason d'or for example is something that should be used in ads.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2021, 07:23 am by spartana »

werd

« Reply #162 on: 31 Oct 2021, 06:45 pm »
Concerning the Diapason award: here in Germany Bryston is somewhat the "amplifier company". Bryston digital equipment does not have the same reputation.

The Diapason d'or was awarded for some nice but exotic stuff like Shindo and Platine Verdier.

I wonder why Bryston digital equipment is not more "aggressively" promoted in German media.

The Diapason d'or for example is something that should be used in ads.

It’s a good question.

More emphasis should be placed on dac power supplies. Bryston built power supplies always give the audio gear it’s powering PRAT in spades, especially dacs.

himitsu

« Reply #163 on: 28 Dec 2021, 09:32 pm »
Hi James,

After I updated firmware yesterday mybryston.com and also Roon cannot recognized my 3.14 on my network, is it anyway I could redo the updates or I need to send back for fix?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #164 on: 28 Dec 2021, 09:34 pm »
Hi James,

After I updated firmware yesterday mybryston.com and also Roon cannot recognized my 3.14 on my network, is it anyway I could redo the updates or I need to send back for fix?

Please email Chris Rice on this - crice@bryston.com

himitsu

« Reply #165 on: 28 Dec 2021, 10:18 pm »
Please email Chris Rice on this - crice@bryston.com

Thanks.

himitsu

« Reply #166 on: 29 Dec 2021, 04:59 pm »
Thanks.

Hi James,

Chris help me to solved the issues, very good support by Bryston. Thanks again.

audioMirror

« Reply #167 on: 12 Apr 2022, 09:34 pm »
Responding to the original question, I have a BDP-2 (with the new output board) and BDA-3 .  I like the idea of the streamer and DAC being separate.  I feel the shelf-life of a DAC is longer, and I would be willing to pay for that.

However, a single-box has the advantage of better connection between source and DAC (no need for USB, AES/EBU or S/PDIF).  This could result in better sound if the rest of the components were comparable.

I love the sound of my system with the AES/EBU connection.  I do not like it with USB.  I upgraded my speakers recently, and the difference is even more noticeable.  The USB is a flatter soundstage.  The harmonics are fine, but the sense of space is greatly diminished.

I also notice a difference between Balanced and unbalanced outputs (though of course, that takes into account the preamp inputs and different cable brands as well).  That one isn't a better/worse thing, more of a preference.  The Balanced sounds a bit disembodied but more full, while the unbalanced has a more focused soundstage, but perhaps slightly less full.  Honestly, I've read that this is a common difference on other systems, so perhaps I can't make too much of it.

So for me, I want my separates, but I also want the best sound.  I can't help wonder that if Bryston supported the use of an external master clock for the BDP and BDA, we might get even better sound.

drummermitchell

« Reply #168 on: 12 Apr 2022, 11:21 pm »
I agree with separates as I have had two dac give up,
One before warranty and one after.
At least with separates you can quickly replace the dac.
All I one UR F.....D.
I also strive for better sound not at the expense of NO TUNES,never happen.
Don’t like all in one like a receiver ect
Have everything separate amps,pre,dac, player ect.