Updates on the KWH 225i Hybrid Integrated.
1) Tubes will be inside, enclosed in a blue anodized sub-enclosure, allowing tube heat to all vent to the outside rather than inside the amp enclosure. The blue sub-enclosure will be visible through a transparent acrylic tube guard, hovering .250" above the opening. The tube guard will easily be removed via two thumb screws on the rear. The exposed heatsinks and blue tube sub-enclosure will all be exposed and tie the whole new look together.
2) Work is proceeding nicely on this, with the first units scheduled to ship mid-late July.
3) Aesthetics have been upgraded on the KWH 225i to include a 1/2" thick faceplate engraved and machined to match that of the LS 36.5 and KWA 150SE series of products. The cover will be AL while the base enclosure will be 14GA steel to allow for adequate structural reinforcement for the 1.5KVA power transformer.
4) The entire internal design of the KWH 225i is different than the KWI 200. Every circuit has its own modular PCB and bias and adjustment points are all easily accessible for service and calibration.
5) Output power devices and circuit design are the same as the KWA 150SE amp!
6) The controls will be the same as the KWI 200, with two knobs and full function remote.
7) Custom metal footers are being manufactured now. Three footers in total will be used, installing via 1/4-20 threaded studs, to allow the use of other upgraded footers such as Stillpoints or similar, should the customer choose.
This will be our Flagship Integrated Amp and I am excited for its release!