Open Baffle 8" Servo Subwoofers

lostthumb

Open Baffle 8" Servo Subwoofers
« on: 19 Jan 2018, 03:37 pm »
Hello Danny,
I am interested in 8" Open Baffle Servo Subs.

I believe I need the SW8-16FR but i do not see them on your website nor Rhythmik's.

Are these available.  I was thinking of 2 per side.

Thanks

Danny Richie

Re: Open Baffle 8" Servo Subwoofers
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2018, 04:01 pm »
They were sold out. And I sell 10 to 1, 12" servo subs to 8" servo subs. So I haven't committed yet to having more made. It is a big financial commitment, and I have to commit more to what is more in demand.

If Brian has some more made then I will likely get with him and share a production run to get some more made without committing to a huge run.

lostthumb

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2018, 05:16 pm »
Understood sir.

Thanks for the response.  The 8s look good due to the width not having to be as wide.

I will look into the 12s.

lostthumb

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2018, 05:23 pm »
I see that there are 2 servo amplifiers.

Is the 370PEQ worth the higher price than the HX300?

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2018, 05:29 pm »
I see that there are 2 servo amplifiers.

Is the 370PEQ worth the higher price than the HX300?

More power, more features, more flexibility....

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2018, 08:26 pm »
I have had both the 8” and the 12”. In an H or W frame format the cabinets for the 12” drivers are 4” wider that for the 8” drivers.

However, two 12s will outpreform three 8s by quite a bit.

You can use the A370 amps (which I prefer over the HX300 due to flexibility in connectivity and adjustibility) with both 8” and 12” drivers.

If you go with the A370 amps, two 12” drivers are less expensive than three 8” drivers.

Unless you are so tight on space the extra 4” width of the 12” cabinets makes the difference between subs or no subs I’d recommend the 12s.

Mike

davidwat

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jul 2018, 08:43 pm »
I know I'm coming a bit late to the party, but I am trying to provide subs for some electrostatics which won't require high spl's since they themselves can't produce high spl's. Do 3 x 08 OB's not produce enough sound or are they limited in low frequency extension?

Thanks,

David - Dallas

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jul 2018, 09:15 pm »
I know I'm coming a bit late to the party, but I am trying to provide subs for some electrostatics which won't require high spl's since they themselves can't produce high spl's. Do 3 x 08 OB's not produce enough sound or are they limited in low frequency extension?

Thanks,

David - Dallas

I no longer have stock on the 8's.