NX Studio Monitor Flat Packs

Speaker Challenged

Re: NX Studio Monitor Flat Packs
« Reply #180 on: 3 Aug 2021, 04:51 am »
Luckily,  we are not  in any   real danger this year aside from air quality....  we basically  have fires on all sides  of us  so nomatter  what   winds we have,  it's smoke  :(

Have never shipped to AU,  rates have always been too high....  I just  quoted  a pair of these to Russia and it  was  $430 USD :(

jay

Ouch! Better fire up my friends table saw. :) I thought it would be expensive.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #181 on: 17 Sep 2021, 01:13 am »
Here's a quad of Jay's NX Studio flat packs I'm assembling for two different people. I installed machine screw inserts which I mentioned earlier in this thread, although these differ from my original post about the worthwhile mod where I installed screw-in inserts. I believe fltguy did these same inserts after I mentioned they looked even better for the job. I like these better for what they'll be tasked to do.

Captainhemo

« Reply #182 on: 18 Sep 2021, 06:16 pm »
Nicely done   :thumb: :thumb:

jay

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #183 on: 18 Sep 2021, 06:25 pm »
Here's a quad of Jay's NX Studio flat packs I'm assembling for two different people. I installed machine screw inserts which I mentioned earlier in this thread, although these differ from my original post about the worthwhile mod where I installed screw-in inserts. I believe fltguy did these same inserts after I mentioned they looked even better for the job. I like these better for what they'll be tasked to do.

Which screws / bolts did you go with?

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #184 on: 18 Sep 2021, 06:38 pm »
Lifted from earlier post:

Next go I'm going to try these:
https://www.mcmaster.com/97191A130/
I intend to misuse by dabbing a little epoxy on them and gluing in place. Hopefully eliminating the humping. Hmmm, that sounds kinda weird...

These are screws and washers:
https://www.mcmaster.com/91864A081/
https://www.mcmaster.com/98029A024/

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #185 on: 18 Sep 2021, 06:42 pm »
Peter,

I took your advice and installed these press-fit inserts from McMaster-Carr. These are zinc-plated steel inserts, 4-40 thread size, were originally designed for soft metal.

Using a 7/32" drill bit, I drilled a 7/16" deep hole. Some epoxy and gentle coercion I got eight of these installed without a volcano.

And a bump to post I made reference too. After doing it myself, I do think it's a good way to go, and fairly easy with the pilots already there.

Fltguy

« Reply #186 on: 21 Sep 2021, 04:12 pm »
Last week I sealed up my NX Studios. I affixed the woofer drivers with 8-32 press fit inserts with low head (low profile) cap screws with black oxide thin washers. A small amount of medium (blue) thread lock on each screw made me feel better too.

It's a simple and elegant solution for this application.

My thanks to Peter for planting the seed for this idea. It worked out great.

Pilots? Why are you picking on them? Hmmm...  :icon_lol:

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #187 on: 21 Sep 2021, 06:02 pm »
Last week I sealed up my NX Studios. I affixed the woofer drivers with 8-32 press fit inserts with low head (low profile) cap screws with black oxide thin washers. A small amount of medium (blue) thread lock on each screw made me feel better too.

It's a simple and elegant solution for this application.

My thanks to Peter for planting the seed for this idea. It worked out great.

Pilots? Why are you picking on them? Hmmm...  :icon_lol:

Well, most pilots are pretty detail oriented folks, and the Loctite proves it!
Off topic, but what do you fly?

Captainhemo

« Reply #188 on: 10 Jan 2022, 07:03 pm »
For you  folks  waiting on these,  we'll be   be packing/shipping  a number    kits   soon.

Getting the  high quality  1.5"    material has been spotty and when it  does  arrive,  it  is typically not the quantity  we've  ordered so  having to pick and  schoose    what  gets  cut.

Anyway,    shipping  again soon

jay

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #189 on: 10 Jan 2022, 09:04 pm »
I might need these for my Super 7s as I may have overtightened some of the the driver screws.  Looks tricky on the rounded back side.

Brandur

« Reply #190 on: 13 Jan 2022, 10:09 pm »
Hi im Brandur. I just the NX Studio kit. I got the mahogany front baffle‚ so now i will start building the cabinet's. This looks great very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

Captainhemo

« Reply #191 on: 24 Mar 2022, 05:29 pm »
Lots of these kits in stock  .  We've  worked through the list of back orders and  believe  we are  caught up on these.  If I've missed anyone,  I apol0gize, please    shoot    me an email  if this happens to be  the case.

jay

cbnbmore

« Reply #192 on: 14 Apr 2022, 11:44 am »
Jay, I sent you two emails hopefully you’ll receive the last one.

Captainhemo

« Reply #193 on: 14 Apr 2022, 07:15 pm »
Jay, I sent you two emails hopefully you’ll receive the last one.

I'm not sure as  all I see here is your  username.... I have replied to a number of inquieries in the past  few  days including  one  this amm

Prices   at bottom of  very first post   in this thread  are curent and there is an assembly video of the kit done by  our collegue Peter  here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYrdScf9eyM

jay

cbnbmore

« Reply #194 on: 19 Apr 2022, 10:06 pm »
Jay, we’re good. I got your response and you sent the flat packs on their way. Thanks!

Captainhemo

« Reply #195 on: 21 Apr 2022, 05:14 pm »
Jay, we’re good. I got your response and you sent the flat packs on their way. Thanks!

They went out yesterday :)

jay

Fltguy

OB H Frame Sub and it’s Connections
« Reply #196 on: 21 Apr 2022, 05:44 pm »
They went out yesterday :)

jay

The picture is great for this visual mind. It’s exactly as Jay suggested.

My thanks to all contributors for the corporate knowledge.