2 HD's feeding Touch

Big Red Machine

2 HD's feeding Touch
« on: 8 Sep 2011, 11:12 am »
Apologies if I missed this or am supposed to know, but can you have Squeezecenter scan 2 directories and access both at the same time if multiple hard drives are connected to the PC?

guest4954

Re: 2 HD's feeding Touch
« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2011, 11:51 am »
Yes it can, at least under OSX, but I do think it can under other operating systems as well. Under OSX you put a "shortcut"to the other dirve/directory. I assume it will work similar under non Mac OS.

My 2cts.

Michiel

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2011, 01:52 pm »
I think that's it.  I will try the shortcut method and see if it works this weekend.

Thump553

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm »
Under Win 7 (and before that Win XP) I have my music spread across three hard drives.  To keep it simple I put a shortcut to each external in My Music (or the Music library as it is now known) and have slimserver scan that directory.  Works like a charm.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2011, 10:13 pm »
Under Win 7 (and before that Win XP) I have my music spread across three hard drives.  To keep it simple I put a shortcut to each external in My Music (or the Music library as it is now known) and have slimserver scan that directory.  Works like a charm.

Can you show a typical line typed?  How do you show multiple shortcuts in the My Music line in setup?

Thump553

« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2011, 02:21 am »
I use Windows Explorer, right click on the external drive folder where the FLACs are stored, drag cursor to the My Music  folder (in the Music library) and then create a shortcut there.  For example I have music stored in the folder FLAC Music 1 on external drive H-the shortcut is:  "H:\FLAC Music 1"

I just create a new shortcut in My Music for every "FLAC Music XX" folder I have on an external.  In the FLAC Music XX folder I create subfolders for each artist, then subfolders for each album under that (for compilation albums I put them in a subfolder Various Artists).  The nice thing about this system is no matter how many artists or albums I add under FLAC Music XX they will show up automatically in My Music (of course, if using slimserver you have to rescan your library there to bring it current).

If you look in my  "My Music" folder all you'll see is a couple of shortcuts.