Anyone with Autonomic mms music streamer thoughts?

bigred727

I had a buddy give me an Autonomic mms-1e music streamer but wondering if anyone here has used with thoughts?  I'm hoping to begin building myself a dedicated music listening space so that I can begin playing high-resolution music files and stream some high-res music as well (Tidal).  I don't know the first thing about what I need to really get started (amp, pre-amp, DAC) but I'm pretty sure that I need a device to stream from my network (will be storing all purchased files on a NAS I already own) and internet (again, Tidal).

Anyone know how the Autonomic stacks up against other streaming devices I've read about on here with high praise - Bluesound Node and iFi zen stream?

I do plan on spending a fair amount of money on headphones, speakers and an amp...so I'm not worried about free as much as I'm just wanting to have a quality setup to build from.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Anyone with Autonomic mms music streamer thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2022, 01:56 pm »
Welcome!

After loudspeakers, the second most important component is the room.  Avoid small, squarish, uninsulated spaces.  Size the loudspeakers to the room, audition carefully, take your time and take notes using your own favorites.  Recommend active monitors with all their inherent advantages. 

bigred727

Re: Anyone with Autonomic mms music streamer thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2022, 11:29 am »
Excellent advice, thank you!  By chance...do you have any experience with autonomics mms music streamer?