I waited 40 years for this- motorcycle content

iowa

• Brennan B2>TDAI 1120>Sierra 1> T-Zero(2)
I waited 40 years for this- motorcycle content
« on: 21 May 2022, 08:51 am »
I guess I’m bragging a little, so please forgive me.
I have wanted a Harley since I was a teenager (long before they became cool for the masses). Between kids , mortgages and the rest of life it never seemed to be the right time.
But last week I finally got this.

2018 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage Classic with 312 miles on the odometer when I bought it. I have added another 120 miles in the last week and am loving every minute.
Please feel free to post your bike.

Samac

Re: I waited 40 years for this- motorcycle content
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2022, 12:19 pm »
Sweet ride, iowa. :thumb: Enjoy.

Cheers,

Scott

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2022, 12:50 pm »
That looks really good all blacked out.
Worth the wait!

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2022, 12:58 pm »
True beauty! Now get out there and piss off your neighbors.

kenreau

« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2022, 04:39 pm »
Classic Heavy Metal.  Nice!

stlrman

« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2022, 05:00 pm »
Congratulations 🎉!!!!👍👍😊😊🎉🎉👍👍
Ducati Monster Rider here 😊

AllanS

« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2022, 03:09 am »
All the sweeter for having exercised restraint all those years.  Congrats on fulfilling a dream!
 I was fortunate to fed my obsession with an 883C awhile back which took the edge off but I still have a Dyna Lowrider and FLHT on the dream sheet. 

djpk

« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2022, 04:29 am »
Welcome to the motorcycle riding community. I started riding motorcycles in 1971 and was a Motorcycle Safety Foundation instructor for 22 years. I love off-road riding, currently riding Sherco (2-stroke and 4-stroke). I have four motorcycles and do some street riding as well, but off-road is my passion. Your Harley-Davidson motorcycle is very nice. I do most of my own maintenance and will make a recommendation on motor oil. There is a small company in Ohio called BND Automotive that custom blends motor oils for your particular application. I've been happy with their products and customer service.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2022, 02:49 pm »
Just read that due to noise, ICE motorcycles and scooters may soon be banned from Paris.  Many other European jurisdictions are also considering it.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2022, 03:38 pm »
That's it, no trip to Paris for me!
Took a ride this morning and will go for another one this afternoon (Triumph Sprint in the morning when there's no traffic, Triumph Tiger to fart along with the Sunday drivers).

kenreau

« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2022, 05:03 pm »
That's it, no trip to Paris for me!
Took a ride this morning and will go for another one this afternoon (Triumph Sprint in the morning when there's no traffic, Triumph Tiger to fart along with the Sunday drivers).

I had a Tiger 800 for a few years.  Only sold it because our new home doesn't have a garage and winters are 6 months long.  Loved that motor.

twitch54

« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2022, 05:37 pm »
Sweet ride, enjoy it in good health !

Woodsage

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2022, 06:27 pm »
Congratulations on your new ride, have fun and be careful out there.

Just read that due to noise, ICE motorcycles and scooters may soon be banned from Paris.  Many other European jurisdictions are also considering it.

Not sure what this has to do with anything other than to cast a little negativity about? I’ve ridden a MC in Paris and it wasn’t much fun.

I’ve also ridden in Austria, Italy, Germany and Switzerland and, once outside the major cities, it is a whole lot of fun.

I was also fortunate enough to have ridden the 851 Super Bike as well as tour and have lunch in the Ducati factory in Bologna Italy.

Ah, the good old days!

« Last Edit: 27 May 2022, 05:20 pm by Woodsage »

Jack the cat

• At the gates of delirium
« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2022, 08:18 pm »
Glad you finally got what you deserve. I rode almost daily for 12 years some time back, enjoyed every moment and have thought about getting another. Rather unsure now as drivers are so distracted these days. Are you a new rider? If so have you thought about taking a rider safety course? Highly suggested to those who are new to cycling. Here's five words of wisdom - no, they don't see you; I always rode as playing chess - three moves ahead - always aware of an out.

Enjoy!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 22 May 2022, 11:35 pm »
Iowa,
How is the deer population around you?
Here in PA you have to look out for them from right before sunset to about 2 hours after sunrise.
This morning one was standing in the middle of the road on Main Street, I beeped the horn and it just looked at me, I came closer and gave it another blast of the horn and it finally decided maybe it should get out of the road.
Where there's one there are usually several others, too.

GlennDog

« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2022, 01:35 pm »
Nice Bike!
In 2004 I picked up my 1st HD.
Talk about a love affair … I clocked 19,000 miles that year and I live in Michigan!

I 2nd the rider safety course, especially if you’re new to riding. Or a refresher if it’s been a long time

There is a small company in Ohio called BND Automotive that custom blends motor oils for your particular application. I've been happy with their products and customer service.

Thanks for the tip. I’m not familiar with them, but I’ll check them out
I’ve been running Brad Penn since my Road King was rebuilt

iowa

« Reply #16 on: 10 Jun 2022, 07:32 pm »
Glad you finally got what you deserve. I rode almost daily for 12 years some time back, enjoyed every moment and have thought about getting another. Rather unsure now as drivers are so distracted these days. Are you a new rider? If so have you thought about taking a rider safety course? Highly suggested to those who are new to cycling. Here's five words of wisdom - no, they don't see you; I always rode as playing chess - three moves ahead - always aware of an out.

Enjoy!
Sorry, I forgot I posted this.
I rode as a teenager, then no bike for 40 years. I have taken the rider safety course and highly recommend it.

iowa

« Reply #17 on: 10 Jun 2022, 07:33 pm »
Iowa,
How is the deer population around you?
Here in PA you have to look out for them from right before sunset to about 2 hours after sunrise.
This morning one was standing in the middle of the road on Main Street, I beeped the horn and it just looked at me, I came closer and gave it another blast of the horn and it finally decided maybe it should get out of the road.
Where there's one there are usually several others, too.
Lots of deer here. I am exceptionally cautious. A couple years ago, my daughter hit 2 in the course of 3 weeks.

mcgsxr

« Reply #18 on: 10 Jun 2022, 07:39 pm »
Looks amazing, and great work checking that off the list!

I cannot likely name all 32 bikes I owned over the years before selling my last one, but I can say I enjoyed all those hours in the saddle.  Canada, US and Taiwan riding was all good to me.

Have fun and stay safe out there.