Power amp measurements

Dint

Power amp measurements
« on: 23 Apr 2021, 01:22 pm »
Hi All
Has anybody seen any power amp measurement on the MCX range, please link in that case.

rustydoglim

Re: Power amp measurements
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2021, 09:32 pm »
it is on nuprime-x.com

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2021, 11:39 pm »
Hi All
Has anybody seen any power amp measurement on the MCX range, please link in that case.

Here ya go. . . . https://nuprime-x.com/products/mcx/#specifications

Dint

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2021, 06:10 pm »
I would like to see some third party power and distortion tests.

Dint

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jul 2021, 08:16 am »

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jul 2021, 05:02 pm »
For stereo or mono amp, we use 1% THD as the max power through Audio Precision measurement.  This is the industry practice for high-end audio. But beware that many vendors use 10% THD for max power even if it is stereo.

For multichannel amp, the common practice is to use 10% THD as max power.  Furthermore, in multi-channel amp, the max power is typically not spec at all channel driven since that's not an impossible use case.  Some manufacturers measure 1 channel of the multi-channels (the other channels still consume power even though not driven), some give other channels 1/4 power.  I think Nuprime uses 2 channel max with 2 channels partial as the realistic MCX-4 spec.

artur9

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jul 2021, 02:50 am »
sound and vision has some interesting measurements, not for the MCX, sorry.

With six channels driven into 8-ohm loads, the amp reaches 0.1% distortion at 105.7 watts and 1% distortion at 136.9 watts.

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2021, 11:50 am »
6 channel fully driven is a condition that will never happen for music or movie.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 2021, 12:26 pm »
Any back panel shots on the website? I want to know what sort of binding posts you employ.

Any audiophile reviews versus HT applications?

John Casler

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2021, 10:36 pm »
Any back panel shots on the website? I want to know what sort of binding posts you employ.

Any audiophile reviews versus HT applications?

This review is from our dealer in New Zealand, so keep that in mind.

That said, I (also a dealer and agent) concur with the descriptions in this review article.

I have the MCX-2 (550wpc) in my demo system and have used it with several very good speaker systems (VMPS RM40, STARKE SOUND BRIO v64, ELAC UniFi, ELAC Debut Reference, STARKE Sound HALO IC H-3,  and KEF LS50 Meta)  With each pair of speakers it is brilliant in its display of Sound Qualities most of us look for.

It is one of the best amps at anywhere near the price IMHO.

Not a "looker" as it is rather Industrial in appearance, but Sonically it has all the qualities of the best out there.

You will also find a photo of the rear of the amp and the standard binding posts in this article/review.

Look Here https://totallywired.nz/nuprime-2/nuprime-x-mcx-2-stereo-power-amplifier/