Best Odyssey amps for Martin Logan 11A Impressions speakers

RRW

• Music On
Hey all.
What are your opinions on Odyssey Kismit mono block amps for Martin Logan 11A Impression electrostat speakers. The ML’s can dip low in impedance.?

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
That request will bring you a lot of opinions. A consensus is not likely. Save time and bandwidth call Klaus.
There you go... an opinion! :o

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
From a review of the 11As:
In the Impression 11A, however, a distinct Yang character has replaced the Montis’ lovely Yin personality with a presentation that is crisper, sharper, more forward, and, depending on the recording, even a bit aggressive. There’s also an impression of glare, a subtly “shouty” quality that, again depending on the recording, can be rather pronounced and never entirely disappears.

Add a small room and  :cry:

GeneS

I don’t know anything about the Martin Logans, but Odyssey amps are stable down to 2 ohms. My Stratos’ started their lives driving a set of Magnepan 1.6s and never flinched.
I’ve seen them drive the ultra high end KEF Muon speakers (4 ohm) for an entire weekend with no breaks (audio show) and Magico designers use Khartagos in designing their speakers.
I’m guessing the Martin Logan’s will pose no problems. The best advice you’ve gotten here is to call Klaus.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
The best advice you’ve gotten here is to call Klaus.

You must have missed his other thread.
Don't think his Kismet monoblocks are the problem.

RRW

• Music On
Thanks for the input.
I will give Klaus a ring..
Have a safe and healthy new year!

AZWINK

I had commented on the amps current output to be 45amperes which is low for electrostats, especially when they dip down to 2 ohm or below. However digging deeper, I read the current output for the Kismets to be 120 amps. If that is true, then they have no issue with the resistance drops of your 11a’s.

Dan

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
deleted
« Last Edit: 7 Jan 2021, 03:25 pm by opnly bafld »

twitch54

From a review of the 11As:
In the Impression 11A, however, a distinct Yang character has replaced the Montis’ lovely Yin personality with a presentation that is crisper, sharper, more forward, and, depending on the recording, even a bit aggressive. There’s also an impression of glare, a subtly “shouty” quality that, again depending on the recording, can be rather pronounced and never entirely disappears.

Add a small room and  :cry:

ah yes, that small room, without question an issue with that size di-pole speaker !

mick wolfe

ah yes, that small room, without question an issue with that size di-pole speaker !

Having worked with a small room ( 10'x11') and experimented with various speakers  for over 10 years, I have to agree.  A classic attempt to pound a round peg into a square hole.

questz1z

I am and have been using Kismet mono-blocks for four years driving Martin Logan Quest Z speakers and the amps have been incredible without ever getting more than slightly warm. After being around "audio" for 45 plus years as a salesman and as a hobby and having had access to very many "hi-end" products I am totally settled on the Kismet monos as my final amps. I am 65 years old and have been blessed with fairly decent hearing and past 'education' of many, many audio shows including several C.E.S. shows in the 70's thur the 80's!