Boarderpatrol SEi DAC - what power cable would you recommend?

Ryan1845

Hello Peter,

I ordered your high power digital American power cord. I'm planning to use it with my Borderpatrol SEi DAC.
Do you recommend the US NEMA copper plug type configuration?
Do you have any other cable suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan

ric

Hi, this might be a little off topic, but I've been the proud owner of a BP Dac for the last few weeks. Last night finally became an aha moment since I have been trying different tweeks. I did change the stock PC for one of two I have lying around, and they are opposites--the LessLoss that is warm and rich, or a PS Audio that is kind of in your face.
Right now the LessLoss is being used but there is a balance of wanting the sound clear and detailed, while retaining enough body to sound live--both contribute to the live sound but in different ways.
Because I am new to Dacs, I needed a spdif cable and ended up buying from Silnote and the sound is more on the clear and detailed side, but I liked it enough to get a pair of Silnote's Morpheus IC's from BP to amp. Upon inserting the Morpheus' the sound was very clear and detailed, but somehow lacked the body, depth, fullness, I had before.
   Here's where the tweeking comes in. There are three things in my tweek arsenal that work. 1) DIY magnet pigtail using magnets ala High Fidelity Cables, 2) Bybee quantum signal enhancers, 3) Doug Schroeder (Schroeder Method) using splitters to run not one but two pair of IC's as a way of beefing up the sound.
    I am still on the fence with using 1) although I do use the High fidelity MC-0.5 magnetic adapters to great affect.
    Regarding 3) this was more of an aha moment when the Morpheus alone sounded clear and detailed, adding a second IC gave me the best of both worlds and now I am hearing richness AND detail.
    If that wasn't enough I added two of 2) and an increase in both clarity and richness.
From my experience, it shows how getting the right mix of tweeks and PC's can really add (or subtract) to "the sound". Thanks for listening, hope this helps!

viggen

off topic but curious as to the audible difference between SE and SEi...

Triode Pete

Re: Borderpatrol SEi DAC - what power cable would you recommend?
« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2020, 06:51 pm »
Hello Peter,

I ordered your high power digital American power cord. I'm planning to use it with my Borderpatrol SEi DAC.
Do you recommend the US NEMA copper plug type configuration?
Do you have any other cable suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for your inquiry & order!

The standard connector sets (US NEMA Copper) are the best for North American applications. The other connector sets are for my global customers residing in Europe, U.K. / Ireland, Australia / New Zealand, etc.!

Cheers,
Pete

Oceanfront59

I can attest that I have been using the Triode Labs Digital American pc with my Border Patrol DAC SE for the 2 years a long with the digital ic that Triode Labs sells and there is great synergy in my audio system.. The sound is well balanced and flows effortlessly through my Caintuck Audio Betsys

Pete is also a great guy to work with along with Gary at Border Patrol. Highly recommended

Oceanfront59

The newest version of the Border Patrol SE! has updated caps  ( jupiter Beeswax and foil output caps)

Triode Pete

I can attest that I have been using the Triode Labs Digital American pc with my Border Patrol DAC SE for the 2 years a long with the digital ic that Triode Labs sells and there is great synergy in my audio system.. The sound is well balanced and flows effortlessly through my Caintuck Audio Betsys

Pete is also a great guy to work with along with Gary at Border Patrol. Highly recommended

Thanks, Peter! I appreciate your kind comments!

Cheers,
Pete