New Omega Owner - Customshop SAM XRS

zmaggio

Re: New Omega Owner - Customshop SAM XRS
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jan 2020, 06:27 pm »
Just wanted to resurrect this dormant thread for the benefit of those who advised me to consider switching DACs....  I finally swapped out my old workhorse TEAC-UD 501 for a Border Patrol SE and I'm loving what I'm hearing!  I know this DAC has been somewhat controversial in the past (although maybe not on this forum) - anyone else using this DAC in their system? 

sunnydaze

« Reply #21 on: 2 Apr 2021, 03:13 pm »
Just wanted to resurrect this dormant thread for the benefit of those who advised me to consider switching DACs....  I finally swapped out my old workhorse TEAC-UD 501 for a Border Patrol SE and I'm loving what I'm hearing!  I know this DAC has been somewhat controversial in the past (although maybe not on this forum) - anyone else using this DAC in their system?

I am.  I think it's fantastic.  I haven't read it....what's the controversy?    :scratch:

NoDisco

« Reply #22 on: 3 Apr 2021, 01:26 am »
So I’ve had similar experiences with Omegas. When I upgraded the stands, a lot of things got better, but the highs got a bit shrill. Type of amp didn’t matter. Turned off super tweeter, didn’t help. What did help was putting furniture coasters between the stands and the speakers. These are rigid, but have a soft material that is meant to protect floors on one side. I put that side towards the speaker. Works nicely. I guess I could mess with some blue tac, but why mess with a good thing? For my room, I have great sound now, and yes, it did take me many tries with speaker positioning. I also have subs, but only turn them on when I feel like it.

Kray

« Reply #23 on: 8 Apr 2021, 08:02 pm »
I am.  I think it's fantastic.  I haven't read it....what's the controversy?    :scratch:

It’s in the camp of “measure terrible so must sound bad” (without actually listening to it)

sunnydaze

« Reply #24 on: 8 Apr 2021, 08:22 pm »
It’s in the camp of “measure terrible so must sound bad” (without actually listening to it)

Gotcha.   I tend to not break out the calculator when drifting away to seductive musical sounds.      :lol:

Kray

« Reply #25 on: 8 Apr 2021, 08:31 pm »
Gotcha.   I tend to not break out the calculator when drifting away to seductive musical sounds.      :lol:

:rotflmao: