NX-Otica build thread.

mkrawcz

Re: NX-Otica build thread.
« Reply #120 on: 6 May 2021, 12:52 pm »
Newbie here, 1st post. I've been looking at this NX-Otica kit for some time now. Planning to purchase first week of July 2021. Before I do, I want to ask if anyone that has built them have any regrets or wish they had chosen a different pair. I appreciate your input.
I certainly have no regrets getting the best speakers in the world. :-)

Kazoom

« Reply #121 on: 11 May 2021, 04:28 pm »
Newbie here, 1st post. I've been looking at this NX-Otica kit for some time now. Planning to purchase first week of July 2021. Before I do, I want to ask if anyone that has built them have any regrets or wish they had chosen a different pair. I appreciate your input.

Bill

I have heard the NX-Oticas and two different pairs of the NX-Tremes and can not imagine anyone regretting ever owning a pair of either. 

Do make sure you have the subs as they complete the picture.  I currently own a pair of the Triple H-Frame subs integrated with my "full range" 3 way speakers and the improvement is jaw dropping.  Absolutely no regrets on that purchase.  My next stop is to replace them with the NX-Tremes.

emailtim

« Reply #122 on: 11 May 2021, 09:31 pm »
...  All that remained was to apply grill cloth for the sub grills and assembly the amp boxes.  To attach the grill cloth, I used a method found some years ago on the web. Rather than dealing with glue and/or staples, build them like window screens and use a rubber screen spline to secure the cloth. Before painting, I routed a 1/8-inch wide by about 3/16-in deep groove around the perimeter of the grill frame. I purchased 1/8-in black rubber spline from Ace Hardware and used a roller wheel installation tool to set the spline.  Started with the short ends and did sides last.  Great thing about this method is that you can easily correct mistakes and adjust the cloth tension.  Use a single-edge razor blade to trim the excess cloth and your done.

Incredible build and paint job.

Brilliant "screen" grill design.

There should be a "Build Tips and Tricks" sticky.  This idea should be one of them.

Coreyportelli

« Reply #123 on: 4 Feb 2022, 09:27 am »
Thought I’d post a picture of my setup, the speakers and subs are about three weeks old.  Thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me out.

Those NX-Otica’s look beautiful 😻

george_c

« Reply #124 on: 5 Apr 2022, 07:17 pm »
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and from a different continent: Europe.
I was wondering if you know if there is any NX-Otica build in Europe ?
I would really like to listen to it before ordering

Thank you.

Danny Richie

« Reply #125 on: 6 Apr 2022, 05:54 pm »
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and from a different continent: Europe.
I was wondering if you know if there is any NX-Otica build in Europe ?
I would really like to listen to it before ordering

Thank you.

We have shipped some of them to Europe.