Netflix: What to watch?

rodge827

Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #600 on: 5 Sep 2021, 03:35 am »
Just finished Clickbait thought it was pretty good! Interesting plot and...  not going to give it away!!  :nono:

Sweet Girl was fun too.

mick wolfe

« Reply #601 on: 5 Sep 2021, 04:07 pm »
Start Up. I'm on the third and last season. Interesting characters and somewhat brutal at times, but riveting.

WGH

Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #602 on: 21 Nov 2021, 07:54 pm »

Cowboy Bebop is having a moment. Netflix has both the original anime series and the live action re-boot. Both are fun.

The 1998 anime series was a hit in Japan and the US. The detailed graphics and inventive story lines make each episode a joy to watch. A big plus is the English dubbed version has A-list voice actors and is excellent. Universally recognized as the best anime series ever made, it shares top billing with the 1995 classic anime "Ghost in the Shell".

The NY Times review of the original Cowboy Bebop anime says:
"A 1:1 mix of sci-fi western and film noir, steeped in American jazz and blues and framed by retro James Bond-meets-Blue Note" 1

The new 2021 Cowboy Bebop sort of follows the same story line as the anime series but with variations. Anime fans looking for a note-by-note remake will be disappointed and invariably will give the series a bad review as seen in the Netflix reviews but taken on it's own it's alright with many of the scenes set as an homage to the original. The action moves right along and I'm never bored.

The new series stars John Cho as Spike Spiegel. John was Saturday Night Live's guest host this Saturday (11-20-21)

I suggest watching at least the first 5 episodes of the anime before the live action, that will give you a good understanding how each episode unfolds and how the characters interact.

Yoko Kanno, the composer who created the iconic core for the anime series returns to create the soundtrack for the new live action re-boot. The music always sounds fresh and exciting.
She Shaped the Sound of ‘Cowboy Bebop,’ Again
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/17/arts/television/cowboy-bebop-yoko-kanno.html

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

1 https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/arts/television/review-cowboy-bebop-netflix.html

nature boy

« Reply #603 on: 11 Feb 2022, 06:15 pm »
Rewatching Godless on Netflix.

NB

WGH

« Reply #604 on: 29 Mar 2022, 11:24 pm »
Blade Runner 2049

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Markwatkiss

« Reply #605 on: 30 Mar 2022, 11:25 am »
+1 Godless

Mudslide

« Reply #606 on: 30 Mar 2022, 03:27 pm »
If you haven't already seen it...AND you have some good subwoofer capabilities, then be sure to watch Dune (2021).  It's much better than the original but still just a tad discontinuous in plot development.  Still, a really fun watch.  And my wife's nik-naks were jumping all over their tabletops.   :o

sunnydaze

« Reply #607 on: 30 Mar 2022, 04:39 pm »
The Alpinist -- documentary where amazing super human skills and daring are on display.  Mind blowing stuff!   :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRpVyzagXLQ

rodge827

« Reply #608 on: 11 Jul 2022, 11:51 pm »
Finished up Ozark and liked how it ended.

Bosch Legacy on Prime is worth the watch if you liked the series.

Terminal List on Prime is our latest…very good!!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #609 on: 12 Jul 2022, 12:15 am »
"Dog" is a pretty decent feel good movie.   Military dog finds a way to recovery along with the trainer veteran.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #610 on: 12 Jul 2022, 12:35 am »
I thought "Old Henry" (2021) was really good western. :thumb:.Also, "Godless" (2017) was very good as well. :thumb:

Markwatkiss

« Reply #611 on: 12 Jul 2022, 10:42 am »
Season 5 Animal Kingdom.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #612 on: 12 Jul 2022, 03:06 pm »
Season 1 of The Witcher was a lot of fun.  You can tell they spent a lot of money on it, the production values are high.  Surprisingly good acting from the cast, too.  They inject a lot of nudity, sex and violence similar to what Game of Thrones did.  Although the Witcher is no where near the quality of show that GoT was. 

jonbee

« Reply #613 on: 25 Jul 2022, 03:04 am »
A new Korean series: Extraordinary Attorney Woo
Gets great reviews, and is offbeat and entertaining. Wife and I both like it. Worth checking out.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #614 on: 25 Jul 2022, 12:17 pm »
Finished up Ozark and liked how it ended.

Bosch Legacy on Prime is worth the watch if you liked the series.

Terminal List on Prime is our latest…very good!!

Have you been tapping into my feed?  Exactly what I've been watching, except finished Ozark a couple months ago.  Now I'm watching Soviet Storm on Prime, a Russian produced history of WWII from their perspective.  Very detailed with two seasons and exact troop movements, relative strengths, bios of the commanders n the field, etc.  Very interesting to see Ukraine attacked from the other side, west to east, then back the other way as the Soviet Union takes back territory from Hitler.

rodge827

« Reply #615 on: 18 Feb 2023, 02:31 am »
The Outfit on Prime is a must watch!

Give it a shot and lemme know what ya think

ctviggen

« Reply #616 on: 22 Aug 2023, 02:46 pm »
A new Korean series: Extraordinary Attorney Woo
Gets great reviews, and is offbeat and entertaining. Wife and I both like it. Worth checking out.

That's good to know.  I keep getting ads for that.

My family liked both Enola Holmes movies. 

My wife and I really liked the Arnold documentary, which splits into three parts: body building; stardom; politics.  He really impressed me.  He comes clean about a lot.  His family story was interesting too.  Not to give too much away, but his upbringing pushed him in part to become the way he was. 

rodge827

« Reply #617 on: 22 Aug 2023, 03:05 pm »
Painkiller on Netflix is a very good and disturbing docudrama about Perdue Pharma and the opioid epidemic.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #618 on: 22 Aug 2023, 03:08 pm »
Chimp Empire is excellent.

rodge827

« Reply #619 on: 24 Sep 2023, 12:04 pm »
Watched Guy Richies Covenant on Prime last night. Very good and worth the watch!

Lioness on Paramount+ is Taylor Sheridans’ latest series and is very good too!

Who Is Erin Carter on Netflix was fun to watch.

If you’re into sports Kelce on Prime is a good watch.