Website update

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Website update
« on: 10 Jan 2018, 07:30 pm »
Some changes are being made as I update our website. Some older models will be moved to the gallery and a few new speakers added in place of them. There have been some Accuton drivers being discontinued that we use in the Tempesta, Ottavo, and Estremo.

I've already designed a new version of the Tempesta but have not yet added it to the site. The new midrange has been on backorder for awhile and I hope to have more parts available soon. With the Ottavo and Estremo there's a new driver coming that will benefit both designs.

The Verita has been in the lineup for several years now. Since the time it was designed other drivers have become available that cost less and give comparable performance. The Anniversario is a good example: in fact, I like it better in some ways than the Verita, especially the midrange.

I've also added a Facebook page. Not much is on there right now but feel free to visit and give us a "like" or ask questions.

redskinsfan

Re: Website update
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2018, 02:34 am »
Rick, I'm probably mistaken, but I always thought the Accuton midrange driver in the Magnifico was the same as the one used in the Tempesta. Is that not the case? Also, I noticed that the Magnifico is no longer pictured in the Line-up speaker section or the Gallery section on the website. 

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2018, 02:47 am »
Rick, I'm probably mistaken, but I always thought the Accuton midrange driver in the Magnifico was the same as the one used in the Tempesta. Is that not the case? Also, I noticed that the Magnifico is no longer pictured in the Line-up speaker section or the Gallery section on the website.

Yes, the midrange was the same in the Magnifico as the Tempesta. I'll be moving both to the gallery. At this point I'm naming the new version "Tempesta MK2" and will have it up on the site when the parts are available. The Magnifico will be in the gallery as a legacy design. I have plans for a design to replace it once the parts become available. The midrange won't be the C51 as used in the Tempesta MK2, but another design that I feel is better suited to a center channel.

AvFan

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2018, 08:24 pm »
Can the old Accuton mid-range driver in the Ottavo be swapped out for the new cell driver without changes to the cabinet?  How about crossover changes if the new driver is installed? 

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2018, 06:34 am »
Can the old Accuton mid-range driver in the Ottavo be swapped out for the new cell driver without changes to the cabinet?  How about crossover changes if the new driver is installed?

Yes, if used with the additional mounting adapter. It would change the midrange section of the crossover. The Ottavo midrange is still available at this time and Accuton does offer repairs for older drivers. That said, I have never had an Accuton midrange fail (dome or cone).

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2018, 04:00 am »
The information on the Tempesta MK2 is now available. I've also added a "bookshelf" tab in the gallery section where you can locate all of the stand-mounted speakers as well as some HT/music surrounds.

Once testing is complete (90% there) I'll be adding the new desktop array. There's also other new work in process.

RZSERGIO

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2018, 05:30 pm »
Hi Rick,

Best wishes for 2018, I am looking forward on listening another of your creations, I am delighted with my speakers and definitely impressed by Victor's Tempestas, Good Luck.