iFi and AMR

Pez

iFi and AMR
« on: 19 Dec 2016, 10:23 pm »
*****for iSilencer contest rules please go here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=147447.msg1580369#msg1580369 ****

Hello AC!

Surprised to see me here in Industry Intros??? ME TOO! Let me splain. For years I attended RMAF and got to know many vendors. This year I was lending a hand to iFi in order to make it easier for them to do the show. After getting to hear some of their stuff at the show I started really getting into head-fi. Now I'm happy to say I'm part of the iFi team. I've learned a lot about their gear as well as computer/head-fi side of things. This is a first for me. While I used to do a little head-fi stuff when I was younger I haven't in recent years. That said, getting into the biz, I don't think I could have started in a better place than with iFi. Great products, constant faith to the art of reproduction and they know their digital.

iFi/AMR at Audiocircle
We want to start a forum here. And in order to do so we are going to kick things off in the traditional Audiocircle process. We are starting this thread to see if there is any interest from you all to have iFi (and yours truly, the dispenser of truth) run a forum here at AC? Well, Do ya??? PUNK!

Here's what we had in mind. We want to start a few product tours. First being our new iDSD Black Label I cleverly (and obviously) sent out to Tyson who will no doubt upload his impressions in the brutally honest way we know he will and it will then go off to another person and anodda one and anodda one etc. We also want to do a tour on the iUSB 3.0, iPhono2, and a couple of our other goodies in due time.

But before we get to that point we first want to get some feedback from you all.

What would you like to see if iFi/AMR join Audiocircle? Product tours, product info guides, etc.

I will also post here periodically talking about some of the iFi gear I currently am using and how I'm using it.
« Last Edit: 5 Jan 2017, 08:14 pm by Pez »

rpf

Re: iFi and AMR
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2016, 10:45 pm »
Hi Pez,

Yes, I would like to see that. And tours are always great.

Rob

wushuliu

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2016, 11:13 pm »
Love ifi. Yay.

randytsuch

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2016, 11:37 pm »
I have some ifi gear, and like it.

Great bang for the buck stuff.

Thorsten (well known in diy circles) is the designer, one of the reasons I like ifi.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2016, 12:25 am »
Congrats Pez!  What's your tittle/job there?

Please pass along that I'd still like to see measurements with the Micro iDSD compared to the BL.  The gibberish they gave on CA is pathetic to be honest.  I'll take credit for getting Tyson hooked on the iDSD in the first place.   :green:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2016, 01:24 am »
Congrats Pez!  What's your tittle/job there?

Please pass along that I'd still like to see measurements with the Micro iDSD compared to the BL.  The gibberish they gave on CA is pathetic to be honest. 

+1.

Thorsten Loesch is an oldie but very much a goodie back from rec.audio days and Audio Asylum forums. Lots of brain there!

Best,
Anand.

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2016, 01:28 am »
Love to see such a circle here and love to get the iDSD Black Label on tour.  I have their older USB power supply with the gemini cable between my music server and DAC for a bit.

schw06

« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2016, 01:32 am »
Had lots of Ifi and AMR stuff over the years...love it! I have a retro 50 integrated right now as a backup and it does not get the attention it deserves. A forum circle would be great!
David

SlushPuppy

« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2016, 01:39 am »
Congrats Pez!

Yes, I would read and contribute to an iFi circle  :thumb:

I asked Santa to bring me a few iFi gifts for Christmas this year. Hope I've been nice!

bacobits1

« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2016, 02:47 am »
Sure, great products.
I just purchased the IFi 2 phono.
Always read Thorsten on other boards.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #10 on: 20 Dec 2016, 05:41 pm »
iFi, meh.  Who likes that crap? 

Ha!  I do.  Welcome to AC.

brother love

« Reply #11 on: 20 Dec 2016, 06:28 pm »
Pez... throwin' down the gauntlet  :green:

Charles Xavier

« Reply #12 on: 20 Dec 2016, 06:34 pm »
I would paticipate. Owner of the SPDIF ipurifier

mcgsxr

« Reply #13 on: 20 Dec 2016, 07:29 pm »
I have never owned an iFi product, but will consider them.

I have played around a lot with 2 channel, and more recently have been gravitating back to headphones myself.

As a PC audio guy, there appear to be some good products in the iFi arena. 

Pez

« Reply #14 on: 20 Dec 2016, 11:51 pm »
Folks, I appreciate the love! Keep em coming!

Alrighty, tomorrow I'm going to post one of my iFi setups. Just to talk about what it is I like about it and that sort of fun stuff. Looking forward to learning what you all might be using iFi related. Maybe post some pics of your rig.  :thumb:

uncola

« Reply #15 on: 20 Dec 2016, 11:57 pm »
neat I didn't know Thorsten Loesch designed the ifi retro amp/speakers.. that makes me more interested in them. 

OzarkTom

« Reply #16 on: 21 Dec 2016, 12:37 am »
Still using my Itube as a pre after three years. I hope Thorsten does not get upset, I did $200 worth of tweeks, and my Itube  now sounds about 100% better. No need to spend 5K+ for a new pre. :D

:duh: Oh, that is right, Thorsten is the ultimate tweekster from TNT Audio.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #17 on: 21 Dec 2016, 01:19 am »
I'm interested in information, perspective, impressions. A tour may have to wait (for me) as I am in Taiwan once again.

JakeJ

« Reply #18 on: 21 Dec 2016, 02:58 am »
Absolutely!  Cool Beans, Pez, thanks for bringing this to us.  I am planning to buy the iFi iDSD BL in the not too distant future for my desktop rig.

stonedeaf

« Reply #19 on: 21 Dec 2016, 05:54 am »
Daily enjoy my original iPhono and iPhono II -definitely interested in what else there is in the iFi universe.
Welcome aboard!