DPS-MKII power supply and speed controller

mathneogeo

DPS-MKII power supply and speed controller
« on: 10 Aug 2018, 10:44 am »
I have seen a newspost about this upgraded power supply on The Ear but have seen nothing here about it and I wondered if anybody knows anything about it?
Quote from The Ear: New on the stand was a prototype DPS MkII power supply for all but the Simplex deck and the forthcoming Well Tempered Phono Stage with ‘optimised’ RIAA stage (below).

It was displayed at Munich High end in 2017.

Apparently it allows for 33/45 speed change with a switch and fine tuning of the speed. It's for all models except for the Simplex model (probably because of the platter dimension).
Here's a pic:

« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2018, 03:21 pm by mathneogeo »

mick wolfe

Re: DPS-MKII power supply and speed controller
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2018, 04:16 pm »
I wish the original DPS would have come out with those features :cry: But, it is what it is.

Backwell

« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2018, 01:56 pm »
This thread hasn't got many WTL owners excited, it would be a marvellous product if it were in any way real.

mick wolfe

« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2018, 03:46 pm »
This thread hasn't got many WTL owners excited, it would be a marvellous product if it were in any way real.

As I've said already. Would have been a fabulous product if it were the first WTL DPS to be introduced. The problem is those of us who bought the original DPS are probably going to be reluctant to spend another several hundred dollars (I'm guessing in regard to cost) despite its features. Time will tell I guess.

Erocka2000

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2018, 01:25 pm »
It's too bad they didn't make it similar to the Phoenix Engineering Eagle/Roadrunner that actually tracks platter speeds and adjusts it automatically.  If they did that, I may buy another Well Tempered.