Microsoft News Feed

Speedskater

• Kevin
Microsoft News Feed
« on: 3 May 2021, 05:57 pm »
After last week's Windows update, the Microsoft News Feed appeared in the lower right-hand corner of the task bar. But only in one of our computers.
None of the online instructions will make it go away. All the instructions refer to 'Edge' (we never use Edge).

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Microsoft News Feed
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2021, 06:17 pm »
After last week's Windows update, the Microsoft News Feed appeared in the lower right-hand corner of the task bar. But only in one of our computers.
None of the online instructions will make it go away. All the instructions refer to 'Edge' (we never use Edge).
With the new W10 versions they are sending to us Edge will be part of W10 OS. Edge is now showing the latest Microsoft News just like the Microsoft News App.

To remove it from the task bar go to Start Menu or right click in the referred icon in the task bar and select Unpin From the Task bar.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2021, 04:46 pm »
Last week the News App. didn't act like any of the other icons on the Task Bar. In that it didn't react to a Right click.
But after the May 11 update, if I Right click on a blank area of the Task Bar, one of the options is "News and interests".
So I turned the dumb thing off.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2021, 05:24 pm »
In my PC W10 has begin doing unsolicited action on my personal files, some weeks ago it made invisible a folder with naked babes and a Firefox userchrome file, its was not doing by the Cortana as I have uninstalled it.

WGH

« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2021, 05:49 pm »
In my PC W10 has begin doing unsolicited action on my personal files, some weeks ago it made invisible a folder with naked babes...

And you wanted it visible?
Do you live alone?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2021, 05:56 pm »
I was young in the past century.  If the Windows Store install again the News App run this cmd in the Power Shell as admin:
Get-AppxPackage -Allusers *Microsoft.BingNews* | Remove-AppxPackage
Repeat for Bingsports and Bingfinance, however IE11 and Edge have his own news feed built-in hard to remove.