Intro

GSDaudio

Intro
« on: 21 Sep 2020, 01:18 am »
Hi All,

I have been reading the Audio Circle forums for years but never registered! 

I have the BP26DA, 3Bsst and BDP-1.  I'm a diehard Bryston fan and am starting to get the new purchase itch.   Looking forward to new product info!!

BTW my user name is a combo of two things I enjoy.....German Shepherd Dogs and audio.

Cheers,
Richard

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2020, 01:22 am »
Welcome Richard.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2020, 12:55 pm »
Hi All,

I have been reading the Audio Circle forums for years but never registered! 

I have the BP26DA, 3Bsst and BDP-1.  I'm a diehard Bryston fan and am starting to get the new purchase itch.   Looking forward to new product info!!

BTW my user name is a combo of two things I enjoy.....German Shepherd Dogs and audio.

Cheers,
Richard

Good to have you aboard, Richard!

I like dogs too. They're the best!

Cheers,
Antun

gbaby

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2020, 01:22 pm »
Yes sir, welcome Richard. What upgrades are you considering?

Gord

« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2020, 05:50 pm »
Hi All

I am also a newbie to Audio Circle and find myself still seeking the promised land.
Been a Bryston fan for a long time.
I have a system in my office that includes an 3BST and a 11B pre and it sounds very good in that space.

My main system is a 11.2 channel theatre set up but my focus is on trying to get the best possible sound from my 2 channel listening.
Here's my question. I believe I have a symmetry issue because we all know how good the equipment is.
The sound of the system with well recorded disks sounds stunning. Great sound stage and imaging. Very "live" feel.
But many disks are very Meh... Sounds hard, bright and fatiguing.

Not sure if it is the Speakers, cables, room, all of the above,
Maybe the sound is too high res for my ears. Making it very unforgiving of lesser quality recordings. Do I need to "Warm it up a bit"

Any suggestions on the most logical place to start would be appreciated.

Bryston 4B SST2 - Mains
Anthem MCA 525 - Centre, surrounds and rears
Anthem PVA 4 - Height Channels
Anthem AVM 60 -Processor

Bryston BP17 Cubed
Bryston BDA3
Oppo UDP 205

Panamax PM5400

Paradigm Prestige 95F, 55C, 25S, 15B
2 - JL Audio Esub e212
Full System Audioquest Red River Balanced Interconnects
Kimber Speaker cables.
100" Screen Innovations Black Diamond
Epson 5050 4K projector.

GSDaudio

« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2020, 09:53 pm »

I have the BP26DA and the dac is 24/96 at maximum.   I need a new dac....but I'll still keep the BP26DA!    I really don't care about higher resolution or other formats but I want better sound (if possible).   I'm reading up on the BDA-3 and like that it has the newest dac chips.    Plus,  the BP26DA dac doesn't re-clock the bitstream.  It also is a fixed up-sample to 24/96 for all formats and if memory serves it resamples 128x.   But it sounds great!  But can there be more?   I could use more inputs since two SPDIF inputs is limiting.   I like the HDMI feature of BDA-3 since I'm watching a lot more DVDs/Blurays.  The current bluray setup has a spdif feed into the BP26DA and I find that I have volume at 11:00 to hear dialogue....substantially higher than with music playback.   I'm hoping HDMI will take care of that and also improve quality from a cheap disc player.   So BDA-3 is on the radar.   Also, the BDP-1 is nearing the end of its useful life.   Would like a BDP-3 as soon as the rural bandwidth(xplornet at 10mbs) will allow TIDAL during the day.   The BDP-1 has a small memory buffer to deal with bandwidth slowdowns where I live.   Still, kudos to Bryston to making the BDP-1 last/evolve for so long.

Cheers,
Richard

GSDaudio

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2020, 04:37 pm »

So I was asked what do I want to upgrade first.....

The definitive answer is now the BDP-3!   Just purchased it from my dealer today!   Cannot wait for it to arrive!

I found all the answers to my questions on what to buy embedded in this "circle"....so a thanks to all!

Cheers,
Richard