2005 RMAF

DARTH AUDIO

2005 RMAF
« Reply #20 on: 3 Oct 2005, 09:14 pm »
Phil, that could be.. Also it may have been the room?? I'm trying to remember their room set up.. But again I didn't spend a ot of time in the room.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
2005 RMAF
« Reply #21 on: 3 Oct 2005, 10:35 pm »
Here are my show pictures:

RMAF 2005 Pictures

George

zybar

• Volunteer
2005 RMAF
« Reply #22 on: 3 Oct 2005, 10:40 pm »
Quote from: DARTH AUDIO
Phil, they sounded okay for the short time I had a listen. Out of all the "Class D" amps that I heard, the CIA D-200 was the hands down winner in my opinion. The highs were smooth and detailed, mids were smooth and deep articulate bass. I could very easily live with these amps and I'm a tube lover. The CIA/Modwright/Penaudio room was one of the best rooms in my opinion. Dusty and Dan are true gentlemen.

I thought they were better than okay, but that's why we need more than one point of view.  No one opinion is more right than an other and we all hear things differently.

To my ears, the Kharma setup portrayed a very good acoustic guitar that was not only accurate and detailed, but also had the proper texture to the music.  It wasn't sterile or cold.  

I totally agree with Darth about the Modwright room being one of the most enjoyable rooms.

George

Marbles

2005 RMAF
« Reply #23 on: 3 Oct 2005, 11:28 pm »
Here is a better link to Zybars RMAF photo's

Nice pics George, thanks!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=210

DeadFish

2005 RMAF
« Reply #24 on: 3 Oct 2005, 11:33 pm »
Good stuff there, George!
Thanks for taking the time and making a great effort!
Obliged!
DF

BradJudy

2005 RMAF
« Reply #25 on: 3 Oct 2005, 11:34 pm »
Secrets coverage is up - lots of pics

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_12_4/show-report-rocky-mountain-audio-fest-10-2005-index.html

I'll work on mine this evening.

nature boy

2005 RMAF
« Reply #26 on: 4 Oct 2005, 12:24 am »
George, et. al.

Thanks for sharing and great pictures!  Looks like you folks that ventured out to Denver had a great time and hopefully some great BEER.  Cheers.

NB

djbnh

2005 RMAF
« Reply #27 on: 4 Oct 2005, 01:09 am »
Zybar - nice photos, thanks for sharing. BradJudy, thanks for the Secrets link.

ekovalsky

2005 RMAF
« Reply #28 on: 4 Oct 2005, 01:29 am »
Thanks for the pics!  Wish I could have been there.

BradJudy

2005 RMAF
« Reply #29 on: 4 Oct 2005, 02:07 am »
Okay, here's the first installment.  I spent a chunk of time on this and then realized that I had only made it through one of the many floors at the show.  :P  This will have to com in installments.

http://www.bradjudy.com/audioblog/rmaf1/

jonwb

2005 RMAF
« Reply #30 on: 4 Oct 2005, 02:44 am »
Great update... Thanks!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
2005 RMAF
« Reply #32 on: 4 Oct 2005, 06:18 am »
We didn't have the resource or time to present at the RMAF this year and I appologize to those people who might be disappointed that NuForce did not participate directly. But we WILL BE THERE next year at RMAF and it will be big  :wink:
I will also like to thank TweekGeek and SP Technologies for helping us out by demoing the amps and their speakers at RMAF.

Jason

DeanSheen

2005 RMAF
« Reply #33 on: 4 Oct 2005, 02:11 pm »
No reviews on the Green Mountain Audio speakers?

How about the Red Dragon amps?

That Kharma room looks expensive.  I hope to go next year, I forgot about it untill it was too late.

ekovalsky

2005 RMAF
« Reply #34 on: 4 Oct 2005, 03:31 pm »
Quote from: DeanSheen
No reviews on the Green Mountain Audio speakers?

My review based on the pictures:  They're butt ugly !!!

How about the Red Dragon amps?

Cool design and logo.  They probably sounds very much like the JRDG 501 which uses the same ICE 1000ASP modules.

That Kharma room looks expensive.

You can count on that.  Funny seeing those itty bitty Kharma MPA150 amps driving the system.  They obviously are class D desgins, not sure exactly what module is used though...

I hope to go next year, I forgot about it untill it was too late.

Me too, by the time I found out about it my group had already assigned me to night shifts that weekend.

zane9

RMAF: sonic delights?
« Reply #35 on: 4 Oct 2005, 03:35 pm »
All, being unable to attend RMAF I was pleased to finally start seeing show reports showing up on Audio Circle and elsewhere. But, to my surprise, I am getting the feeling that the Fest was less than what it could have been. I haven't read too much yet, like: "such-and-such was a stand-out room. wow!"

Reading some posts over at the Asylum, there seems to be much disappointment with many of the rooms: music was harsh, bright, too loud. Now even taking the comments of the inmates with a grain of salt, I do respect opinions when presented in detail.

The coverage by Secrets was not...coverage at all! Like reading a price list with photos.

So, Circle folk, for those of you who spent time at the Fest, can you raise my spirits? What gear combos stood out, what combos disappointed, what did you hear that represented great audio at a price that those of us with more modest means can pay?

Thanks.

klh

2005 RMAF
« Reply #36 on: 4 Oct 2005, 03:52 pm »
Thanks for posting all the pics. What did you think of the VR4-Sr? Pictorally they look big, but rather ugly and cheap. I know they aren't, but I just don't find them attractive. How did they sound and look in person?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: RMAF: sonic delights?
« Reply #37 on: 4 Oct 2005, 04:08 pm »
Quote from: zane9
All, being unable to attend RMAF I was pleased to finally start seeing show reports showing up on Audio Circle and elsewhere. But, to my surprise, I am getting the feeling that the Fest was less than what it could have been. I haven't read too much yet, like: "such-and-such was a stand-out room. wow!"
    zane9,[/list:u]
      I've been to many audio shows...in NYC.This was my first RMAF visit.. and I enjoyed this show the most !!![/list:u]
        As for rooms sounding harsh, bright, too loud...sure, there were a few...but not all. Most sounded very good...IMO.[/list:u]
          Plenty of rooms could of used room treatments to there advantage to help with the sound....don't know why they didn't ??? I even mentioned this to zybar/George.[/list:u]
            As for reports...they will come, give it time. I know for myself....I'm still recovering....a very long weekend (long days....and even  longer nite's 8) ).[/list:u]
              And still with all that time....I missed getting to some rooms.[/list:u]
                As others return...you'll see more posting.[/list:u]
                  IMO...I think you'll get the best reports on AC....just keep reading. 8) [/list:u]
                    Chris[/list:u]
                      PS....As for playing "loud".... when I was in a room...and they handed me the control's...
I did turn it up....rock on... :guitar:  :drums:  :guitar:  :smoke: [/list:u]

zybar

• Volunteer
Re: RMAF: sonic delights?
« Reply #38 on: 4 Oct 2005, 05:04 pm »
Quote from: zane9

Reading some posts over at the Asylum, there seems to be much disappointment with many of the rooms: music was harsh, bright, too loud. Now even taking the comments of the inmates with a grain of salt, I d ...

I would say that most shows are like this one in terms of the sound quality.  Only a handful of rooms are very good and approach or surpass what you have at home.

I always find it a little suprising that more vendors don't use room treatments and don't necessarily try to present a complete solution.  While I understand that rooms aren't cehap, I think too many vendors share space with products that don't necessarily mate well or fully optimize their products.  As we all know, a single product in the audio chain can have a significant impact on the overall sound.

Anyway, in a subsequent post I will try to elaborate more on the rooms I really liked best (just gave real brief blurbs in a previous post).

George

Bemopti123

2005 RMAF
« Reply #39 on: 4 Oct 2005, 05:09 pm »
Zybar or George, can you comment upon the Exemplar room?  What about the sound of the horns?  I have been intrigued about them since I have had a glimpse of them.  Are they as big as they seem and if you were able to listen to them, do they sound "horny" or they sounded fullrange, without emphasis in all frequencies?

Paul K