Performed a little surgery on one of my Monster HTS3500's...

bubba966

After fixing the DeZorel yesterday I felt like tweaking something. So I decided to actually do some outlet replacing that I'd wanted to do for sometime with one of my Monster HTS3500 line conditioners.

After the lid was pulled off I found that I'd most likely have to replace all 5 duplex outlets at once. Doing otherwise would be much more work. Unfortunately I only had 2 IG8300 Hospital Grade outlets on hand. Having spent almost all of the spare cheese I had last week on a new DVDP, I opted to just pick up 3 20A Industrial Grade outlets along with 10/2 Romex to replace all of the internal wiring with. Unfortunately they'd used 14awg stranded Aluminum or Tin to wire the outlets with in the first place. And I certainly didn't want to re-use that.

I have to say that working with solid 10awg Copper is a pain in the ass. Not only is it large, but it's a pain in the ass to bend into tight shapes...

After 2+ hours of cutting, stripping, bending etc. I finally had all 5 duplex's replaced.

Did it help?

You betcha! :mrgreen: Gave me a lot of the same results I got when replacing the duplex in the wall last year. But the HTS3500 had some sort of low-grade commercial outlets in it to begin with. So the improvement wasn't quite as big as replacing a cheap residential grade outlet.

Was it worth my 2-2 1/2 hours of time & $40? Yup. Even worth the blisters I got from using linemans pliers for so long... :lol: