Fet-Valve warm up

aln

Fet-Valve warm up
« on: 3 Feb 2012, 04:32 pm »
Just wanted to note that the Fet-Valve amplifier sounds better (to me)  as it warms up.  I notice improved dynamics and cohesiveness after about an hour of playing time.  This is something I also noticed  with the EXR version.  So what I do now is to play a warm up cd prior to starting any serious listening.  And I must say that I have been doing a lot of listening with this new amplifier. 

coke

Re: Fet-Valve warm up
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2012, 04:39 pm »
I noticed that with my equipment also.  I like to let everything warm up for about 1 hour.  Could just be my imagination, but there seems to be a dramatic difference with some music.

decal

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2012, 12:37 am »
Your ears get more accoustomed to the music as time passes and you start listening more intently. That's my story and I'm sticking to it !!!!!  :D

Listens2tubes

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2012, 02:32 am »
I let my system warm for 30 minutes before sitting down ready to be immersed. Sound tightens up as things warms. :beer:

coke

« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb 2012, 03:21 am »
Your ears get more accoustomed to the music as time passes and you start listening more intently. That's my story and I'm sticking to it !!!!!  :D

I meant that I let it warm up before I listen, and I'm usually not in the room.   :)

hmen

« Reply #5 on: 4 Feb 2012, 05:17 am »
Any device with tubes is going to take some time warm up.

rcag_ils

« Reply #6 on: 4 Feb 2012, 04:14 pm »
So far no one has put the dead horse on this one, therefore I'd like to be the first to use this dead horse, because it deserves to be in the dead horse category very much, same for the tube rolling posts.

:deadhorse: