Civilization IV

pjchappy

Civilization IV
« on: 22 Feb 2009, 08:34 pm »
Anyone else play this game?  I used to have some of the older Civilizations years ago.  I bought Civ IV with all the expansion packs about 2-months ago.

Good Lawdy!  DO NOT play this game if you want to sleep.  I play every once in awhile and HOURS just fly by.

So. . .right now, I'm either going to watch Pineapple Express then play guitar. . .or play Civ IV. . .and play Civ IV. . .and play Civ IV.  It's like crack, I tell you.

So few games keep my interest like these strategy type games, Civ IV being the best by far.  I have a PS3 with several games and I can only play for about 30 minutes at a time.  Haven't touched it in months, though.  I think I have ADD. . . :P

Anyways, the gameplay is great.  It can be very frustrating at times. . especially when you play for hours and all of a sudden, the majority of the other Civs have declared war on you.   :cuss:

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
Re: Civilization IV
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2009, 08:58 pm »
Yep I am definitely a CIV 4 addict good way to lose 8 hours. Get in at 12:30am from work figure play a couple of turns next thing you know its 5am or 6  :thumb: Great game

Anyone else play this game?  I used to have some of the older Civilizations years ago.  I bought Civ IV with all the expansion packs about 2-months ago.

Good Lawdy!  DO NOT play this game if you want to sleep.  I play every once in awhile and HOURS just fly by.

So. . .right now, I'm either going to watch Pineapple Express then play guitar. . .or play Civ IV. . .and play Civ IV. . .and play Civ IV.  It's like crack, I tell you.

So few games keep my interest like these strategy type games, Civ IV being the best by far.  I have a PS3 with several games and I can only play for about 30 minutes at a time.  Haven't touched it in months, though.  I think I have ADD. . . :P

Anyways, the gameplay is great.  It can be very frustrating at times. . especially when you play for hours and all of a sudden, the majority of the other Civs have declared war on you.   :cuss:

Rocket

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2009, 10:03 am »
Hi,

I've been playing Civilization since its original inception.  I was lucky enough to get one for my amiga 500 way back in the 1990's.

A year or so I upgraded to Civilization IV and wow you can't cheat with this game.  The designers have looked at all the loopholes that we used.  I currently play at Prince level and I can survive but I have never one the game at this level.

I can't imagine how much better the game can get.

Regards

Rod

SGCSG1

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2009, 04:03 pm »
Yes, Civ IV is an awesome game.   I just bought the 'complete' package.   I'm playing vanilla Civ for about 40 hours, then I'll start moving into the expansions. 

I love turn-based games, I wish they made more of them.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2012, 04:52 am »
Have been playing this game lately on my 30" monitor and also on my MacBook Air 13"

Having a great time on both systems.
Wait I thought this was Civilization V - that's what I have been playing...

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2012, 09:42 am »
Hi,

There is quite a difference in game play between civilization 4 and 5.  Currently playing civ 5 and it has dropped the culture and religious influence compared to civ 4.

I play it on my macbook pro and it runs very hot.

Regards

Rod

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #6 on: 5 Jun 2012, 04:57 am »
Yes my fan on the Macbook Air runs non stop when playing it.

Have not played 4, but did they not add in some culture and religion in 5, via update packs?

I got 5 for my brother on sale for $18 and we played a lot over Memorial day weekend - he was able to get happiness in the 50s - did'n know you could do that - building wonders seems to be the key. I think that's where the culture and religion effect really comes in.