Do you guys trade in games for newer titles??

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Do you guys trade in games for newer titles??
« on: 11 Dec 2011, 12:25 pm »
I have found over the few years of owning various game consoles that trading in games to a store like Gamestop, which I use, and upgrading to new games is a great way to save some coin. Do you guys do that also???

This time of year with all the sales is a great time for me as the pre-owned game market is great for buy 2 get one FREE deals. Yesterday I turned in a few games for credit and got 4 new titles, pre-owned, for just over $80. You guys know that new they would have cost me $60 a piece for well over a $200 total. Over the past month I almost completely redid my collection of 20 or more titles and now have newer up to date games and a few I wanted to try but for whatever reason wasn't able to until now. Its the only way to go for me, you guys?? :thumb:

Kinger

Re: Do you guys trade in games for newer titles??
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2011, 12:38 pm »
I "should' do this with a few of my older titles like the Madden series that I no longer play once the new one comes out.  Same with some of my older Forza's.  I just keep thinking they wouldn't offer me more than like $5 each for them and that hardly seems worth the drive..........

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2011, 12:43 pm »
Some titles are only worth that much on the pre-owned market but take a bunch and it all adds up. My recently purchased copy of "RAGE" only fetched 12 dollars yesterday as if its not super hot its not a money maker. But like you say you never play them anyway why not trade them in. Last week they ran a special where if you traded in 7 titles you got and extra 20% or so for the whole lot...it adds up. Its easier than trying to sell them on Craigslist all the time.....try it.

Kinger

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2011, 12:52 pm »
Might be worth a shot.  Have to head to the mall anyway today to let my kids visit with Santa so while I'm there...........

ratso

« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2011, 01:14 pm »
you get almost nothing for games at gamestop, but it is easy/convenient. if the game isn't worth anything i do it. for newer or more popular games, sell em on ebay.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 11 Dec 2011, 01:42 pm »
I never thought of e-bay, but for me its easy to just take the old back, buy new or used and make just one trip. Its the only way for me because I'm not really super mobile and I can't drive anymore...so I take a bus and a back pack and go for it!!!!  Hhahahaha.....Thanks Ratso, I never thought about ebay...